• Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 211-240 of 1468 posts

I lost the last sentance. it should have stood:
Your tree also will be demaged fore a while, but I have foud that mostly peoples do not delete or block. So peoples blocking others useually unblock because their tree gets so distroied too.

If you are an editor you will still see and work at those profiles

So with many collaborators and many in your familygroup you remain most of the tree.

The person in question likes to change names into another language and alphabet. He is on fo many in the managers list on a certain profile. I am afraid to merge because I would hate if my profiles suddenly were changed and i couldn't read them.

block immediately

....is it perhaps cyrillic?
there is a speciell forum on the subject here:
http://www.geni.com/discussions/6000000008581721548

If people behave in an unacceptable way, we should let Geni administration know. They might not react to the first, second or third such note, but might react to the thirty-second.

Yes! - but can we please move this discussion from the collaboration pool and continue here:
http://www.geni.com/discussions/6000000008581721548

I have a question about a merge problem, where we don't seem to find an easy solution on our tree:

A 2nd cousin of mine was entered by me as well by another relative of his while we were both not yet aware of that.

We all agree that we want to solve this problem.

When I added his profile he used a different email address. In the mean time this email address is no longer active.

Before it went inactive, my friend did log in first time but never took ownership of his profile and changed to his own password.

In the meantime in some way I lost access to this profile.

The other profile is 'managed' by his sister in law, who really has no clue and almost never is active on Geni. believe her daughter added her from her mother's PC.

Unfortunately the profile I added - and not the one added by his in law sister - is part of a large network on both sides.

My 2nd cousin still has the original Geni (tentative PW) and with this and his old email can log in to his profile. I tried to walk him thru, suggested access your 'profile' and change your email address, aslo change to your own PW, did not work. I can ask him to share and become friends or anything - but since the email in his embedded profile is no longer valid, that doesn't work...

Any ideas?

If a profile is claimed, but permanent password is not set the only way to log in is using the invitation link he/she got by mail.

If the mail is deleted the original manager have to ask help@geni.com to unclaim or reclaim the profile, explaining why.

If permanent password is set it does not matter if the email address is not valid anymore, but you cannot recover the password if you have forgotten it. The email is still valid as a login, but I recommend to change email on your account as soon as possible. If you are having problems you can ask Geni to help you.

Thanks a lot. Yes, I saw somewhere when I got started a year ago that the Geni staff could help. I also tried tmake use of that help somewhat later but managed to solve my problem within 3 days or so - before I heard anything back from geni.

Thanks again, will talk to my 2nd cousin.

/SW

Bjørn,

Kan du også sige mig om man absolut skal være logget ind på Geni når man kontakter help@geni.com dem?

When contacting help@geni.com, do one absolutely have to be logged in at geni?

Sten

No, help@geni.com is an email address you send a mail to using your standard email program.

If logged in and are a Premium user you can get priority support by using this link (available through the "help" link at the bottom of each page)

http://help.geni.com/?_m=tickets&_a=submit

Yes, that's me. But since this is about my 2nd cousin's profile, how would I handle his approval? Of course I could tell the story, include his email address and they could ask for his approval...or what.
Anyway, I originally added said profile causing the problems and they may have a record of that.
Doesn't make it any easier, that he is quite clueless about how to navigate on and use the facilities on Geni.

He is quite active on Facebook, however!

Thanks again,

/Sten Waldö

@Barbara: looks like Tiffany pulled out of Geni altogether.

Jason P Herbert

@Clarence S Drudge

I'm in ...
@Sture Osa Edvardsen

@Thomas Crandell

"@Freda Painter"

@Claus Sternberg

All in!
Private User

Bump!

Come on people!

Let's get this out to everyone!

Jason P Herbert

I've gone from 88 to 188 collaborators since joining the pool. A couple of long-standing roadblocks have been removed. Thank you, everyone.

Come ON folks. Some of you have hundreds if not thousands of collaborators out there. Get THEM to join us. Post a news Item, start a public discussion, just get the word out.

to those who join,send out collaborating requests !

can count the once i have got,on 1 hand.
so not many that is sending ,to those that allready have sign there names here.

it is fast and easy,just to send : Collaboration Pool.

and people understand why you are sending a request.

Private User
If someone on this list "flat out denies" collaboration from another member of the list, he/she should not be in it. (above)
Suggestions on what to do, Jason?

Tiffany Beesley Brock
should be removed. I think she's quit Geni.

Henn,
I thank you for the updated list -- I have sent out many more requests today using your list.
Regards,
Maria

Henn, you are a genius, genius, genius!!! Thank you for posting this list....I am gaining collaborators by the minute. :))

I think I have invited everyone from the list . I started with the people with profiles written in English (sorry, but many Americans never learn to read or write a second language). Today I added everyone else.

If I missed you, please invite me to be your collaborator.

Regards,
Maria

If you have any problem with any profile in my tree ask me for collabote and i have no problem at all

Showing 211-240 of 1468 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion