Zombies please

Started by Noah Tutak on Friday, May 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 3391-3420 of 3493 posts

Private User Done

Angus Wood-Salomon – Just checked folks in http://www.geni.com/discussions/76010?msg=967098
and see that in the top set of three, Revisions shows that you changed the Privacy setting only – no change to Living Status . And apparently they are not within your Max Extended Family (when push-pin on profile, then click on your name – just got “Connected”). Did you use the special ability Curators have to do that?

Are Curators empowered to overrule/change the Privacy Settings managers have chosen? Has Geni provided guidelines Curators are to follow when doing this? If so, what are they? If not, what are your own personal guidelines/rule of thumb? [If this is covered someplace else, feel free to send me there. ]

Private User, it has become generally understood that there needs to be a good reason for having a Private profile earlier than (approximately) 1800-1850.

I also observe that in those cases, other profiles above and beside them were already Public.

Were these *your* relatives? Are they within *your* Max Extended Family?

If so, you can request a reversion to Private status (but you need to realize that by doing so you will probably annoy and inconvenience other Geni members).

If not, why do you see this as a problem?

Can someone please do a Zombie check for partners of the offspring of:

Rev. Jonathan Chapman

Thank you, Jonathan

While you are at it, can you please check for Zombies for partners of the offspring of as well - something about partners here:

Colonel Edward St. Aubyn, JP, DL

Thank you again, Jonathan

Private User
Wilhelmina Billig is deceased now a 'Public'

Henrietta Sommer is deceased but within several claimed profiles family group. You should try asking some of them if they would consider making the profile 'Public'.

Can someone please do a Zombie check for partners of the offspring of:

Peter Godfrey Chapman

Thank you, Jonathan

Kimberly Louise Fraser,
Maria E. Spencler-parents, Archibald Rennie-wife & child are now deceeased.

Jonathan Evans,
The partners of the offspring of:Peter Godfrey Chapman are now deceased.

Done, Kimberly Louise Fraser this was a real zombie :)

there are zombies on this merge: http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000003541265503?return=duplic...

Then if you go out to the tree view after you merge them, there appears to be some other zombies within the tree.

Alice Zoe Marie Knapp,
I 'killed' the zombie in the merge. I them merged several profiles that I saw with blue balls attached to them in tree view. I didn't find any other zombies but of course there could be some :-)

Private User
Done

Please mark this person deceased. Thanks! Jim
Elizabeth Haldeman

Jim Wile
Done

Jacob Pietersz Westmaas
his parents are apparently zombies

Thanks Eldon

Thank you Eldon. I knew there were 2 sets of parents but i was going to wait until changed form zombies, then fix the connect. You saved me a step.

I object @Eldon Clark to you following @Kimberly Louis Fraser's instructions blindly. Not all profiles she has marked here are zombies. She wrote me at 4:01pm this afternoon then marked the same profile she contacted me about as a zombie on this list. I work and should have been given time to reply. I don't believe this public discussion is fair to active profile managers.

I think you hint at an excellent point, Private User! It would be courteous for the REQUESTOR to first send a message to the profile managers; if one of those managers is unable to respond after a day or two, then post here. On the flip side, though, I don't think it is the Curators' responsibility to ask if the profile managers have been contacted.

Remember, everyone, that if the profile does not have the "Abandoned Tree" option under the Actions button, then at least one of the co-managers has probably been logged into Geni in recent months.

I know it can, at times, be frustrating to wait, but there *is* something of great value to potentially having a 'conversation' with others who are working more directly with the families you are also interested in.

Sometimes, just by asking the question, you may also help someone learn a bit more about how to 'navigate' Geni and re-invigorate their involvement, too.

On the other hand, if the manager has been Reported for "Abandoned Tree", that option is no longer available - so you *don't know* whether they have been on recently or ever will log on again.

If I Report an Abandoned Tree, I leave a note.

Private User I do not follow her instructions blindly. If there are no dates to go by, I go to the tree and try to figure out an age from siblings, spouses or parents. There is no way to tell if managers have been responsive or not.

How long would you wait for a response? I have merge requests that are over 2 years old.

Private User Any curator can tell you he last time someone has been logged on, abandoned tree or not

Showing 3391-3420 of 3493 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion