ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן on Sunday, September 5, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 6061-6090 of 8939 posts

Private User ... there is not currently any means to "undo" an incorrect merge ... you just have to re-create the two separate profiles and re-attach the parents, spouses, and children appropriately.

... I've removed Aharon as Noemi's wife and resolved the remaining tree conflicts that were pending.

Boy, these Wings are a mess!

Could someone please unlink Abraham Wing from Elihu Wing and Keziah Wing

Maybe an MP would be appropriate to eliminate any more confusion with other Abraham Wings.

Thanks!

Thank you, Private User, for re-creating the erroneously mis-merged Abraham Wing, son of Elihu & Keziah. I have made both of them MP's to prevent them from accidental future mis-merges!

(Remember, all the 'potential-to-be-confused' profiles have to be an MP to prevent them from being mis-merged. A single MP by itself can only, at best, serve as a guide and protect some of the basic data fields associated with that profile.)

... and thanks for your work on cleaning up the Wings!

Can anybody tell me how one changes an email address on GENI? My current email is going to terminate in about two weeks.

Private User
Top right corner of your screen is your name with a little arrow next to it pointing down, use the arrow to drop down a menu box and choose "Account Settings".
The new screen that appears will have two columns of options, on the right hand list second option is "EMail & password".
The rest is pretty obvious from there! :)

@Alex Moes
Thanks, every place that I could find my email it was grayed out with no indication of how to change it. I probably spent at least two hours looking for it.

No problem.

Thanks Dan Cornett

I've been searching through newspaper archives for Howland articles and that's how I found the Wing issue. I am doubly afraid of any Howland issues I may find. There are so many of them with the same first name!

I have created a monster, with a life of its own. @Charles Henry Stoddard (1827-1907); a match with FAG showed 2 wives and 2 sets of children. so I added a child to the second wife and geni gave me a window for the father. I duplicated (not copied) the original info and now I can't figure out how to undo what I've done, so I can determine how to do it right.

Did you code the marriages....1st marriage to ------and 2nd marriage to -----?????

Fay Elizabeth Dyer I'm afraid this is an example of a regrettable part of Mormon history as the marriages were concurrent.

Danny, When doing these type of situations It is best to add one wife and then add her children to her, not the father. Then add the 2nd wife to the father and her children to her.

Somewhere in my fathers family, I have a man with 2 wives who he married the same day, and they were sisters!

Thanks Eldon, I didn't actually start this - I was adding to the merged tree. I just went back to Charles Henry Stoddard and someone had fixed the problem. Do I have you to thank Fay Elizabeth Dyer? I was then able to fix a couple more problems in that area. I try to stick to family, and I'm actually related to Charles' other wife.

Danny Franklin Drollinger Were Charles and Matilda divorced? that is what is showing but can be fixed from the relationship tab. Do you know if the children are with the correct mothers? that is a little bit harder to fix.

There appeared to be four profiles for Charles Henry Stoddard - two public and two private. I merged the two public profiles and did a little bit of other sorting, as he (actually, one of his wives) is marginally in my tree and this is an area I do a lot of work in. The private profiles are stacked and merge requests pending, I also followed up with some collaboration requests.

@EldonClark - yes, Charles and Matilda were divorced. I'm checking on the children right now...

Thanks for your help Jennifer. The FAG for Charles was a wealth of info on children.

Yes (and I will link the F/G memorial to his Geni profile) but I think there were more children than are listed there so am also checking other sources. YVW, this is an area of the tree very close to my heart and I really enjoy untangling some of the knots. That probably make me a little crazy, but it could be worse. I could collect kitten plates... ;-)

Danny Franklin Drollinger I think Jennifer and I were working on it at the same time. It is looking good now.
Jennifer, I will leave it to you and go back to Robeson County for while when I need a break from loading my car.

Leaving for Iowa tomorrow morning..

Sorry, Eldon, hope I didn't add to the confusion! I follow the profiles Danny tagged, so the discussion caught my attention and I went to see what was happening. Just started working on it without thinking about it. Now I can see it would have been better to check in with the discussion first! Will remember to do that next time. Have a safe trip!

Thank you both, and have a safe trip Eldon.

Danny, et. al: (just as a reminder for most of you): Remember, when adding children from the Tree View you can 'force' the child to be created with the correct pair of parents by either:

--- clicking to add under the 'single-relationship' parent ... if there is one! If there isn't, then Geni should offer the choice of relationships to add the child onto.

-- once you have one child of the correct pair of parents, it is safe and simple to add additional children of that pair by adding them as 'sibling of' an existing child (rather than adding them as 'child of' one the parents).

Dan Cornett Should have mentioned that. I add everyone from the tree view and once there is a child all the rest as siblings. Keeps everyone in order and the names in the right places. The add family model is a disaster.

Add Family in Tree View works OK, just make sure if you have a slow connection that you don't push the Save button twice (doubles up the number of profiles you create!).

Especially helps when you have more than 1 wife....enter the children under 1 set of parents, then add the 2nd spouse and then, from the man, enter the children (the system will ask you which spouse is the mother); just click the spouse you are working on and then proceed....adding the children as siblings of each other....same if more than 2 wives...

Then all will be properly attached.

Make sure you code the marriage order....(while each wife may have had HIM as 1st husband; they would have been #1 and #2 to him)...

Always double check the birth dates of children, especially if going by census data....since often the men didn't wait long before marrying again...and children listed could well be from the previous marriage.

Why was my daughter made primary manager of my profile? I started the tree, and am a paid member! What is going on? How do I get this straightened out without going through a bunch of red tape?

Private User, - user profiles does and should not not have managers, unless they are just "partly claimed".

Could you check it you have set permanent password, because that will make your profile fully claimed.

http://www.geni.com/account_settings/email_password

It looks like this was caused by merging another profile into yours.

Private User
if you look at her Revision, on : 13. jan kl. 4:05 p.m ·

the main manager,was taken away.
and after that,two copys have been merged.
sadly,it does not say who it was that kicked her "out".

Showing 6061-6090 of 8939 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion