ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן on Sunday, September 5, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 6361-6390 of 8939 posts

I find it saddening, that we can't all just Play nice.
Especially, until someone dies AND leaves US appointed- Boss.
Patience IS a vertue AND understanding AND compassion.
And would be best utilited, when Sharing, opinions and such.
Tolorance is key, to harmony.
It would seem this thread of late, could really use some of this.
One Love
<3 Renée <3

It seems that everyone cannot nicely play together in the same sand box

Thank you, Erica Howton. I am working on it. I would like to stay on this website, it has a clearer interface than ancestry and is easier to use, and of course it has a ton of work put into it on my part. But yes, privacy is an issue for me and also people appearing out of nowhere as my "relatives". But you have given me good advice and have been very professional and polite about it, I appreciate it.

Fay Elizabeth Dyer, I do want to talk to people, just not you. I have also not been "dissing" curators left and right, I just had an issue with the way you and Eldon have an attitude towards people, who don't agree with you and you talk to them like they are morons (I've read your responses to other people too). I have been polite to people who are polite to me and I won't tolerate or be polite to anyone talking down to me or being rude. Just give it a rest already, you have nothing useful to offer me.

I have sent messages I think at least twice about this profile Phebe Mack as a match for one in my tree. Is the private profile abandoned or are the managers ignoring me? I don't want to step on toes, I just want to know. This person may not match mine, but I can't tell.

Danny Franklin Drollinger,

Try it again. I located the problem with the profile and fixed it.

Kevin

Danny...Josh Hibbard appears to be inactive, tho I think that Scott is still active....try to contact via message to manager...

Fay Elizabeth Dyer,

You probably did not read my message to Danny Franklin Drollinger about why he was having problems with the merge request.

Kevin

I did....I merely advised Danny to contact the manager Scott, who I have spoken with before...Scott likes to talk to people requesting merges before deciding to comply or not, as I recall.

Scott has not been on in over a year.

Kevin

Thanks for the info...I can't access last on-line..

Thanks to both of you Kevin Lawrence Hanit and Fay Elizabeth Dyer. I can see the profile now. Did you say the manager has not been on-line in over a year? There are 2 managers, how about the other one?

I see the answer to that in the thread already. Thanks Kevin Lawrence Hanit

Danny...I'll talk with you on this tomorrow.

Kevin...has Scott been reported as abandoned?

Danny Franklin Drollinger,

I have gone ahead and completed the merge.

Fay Elizabeth Dyer,

I know that you cannot see the last on-line date.

Kevin

I still wasn't sure Kevin Lawrence Hanit. Fay and I are going to research more tomorrow. I doubt it, but we may ask you to split them again. Even then it would be difficult to imagine 2 misspelled Phoebe's with sons they named Abijah.

Thanks again,
Danny

Kevin...just so you know...the merge you did for Danny was AWESOME...and the family is very correct....

Yeah Kevin, what she said. Really thank you very much, it is turning into a great find.

Danny

Fay Elizabeth Dyer and Danny Franklin Drollinger,

No problem at all.

Kevin

George Dilley b 1874 d 1943 managed by Gary John Westermann.
His parents are incorrect! I cannot add other ones and your fool program does not allow me to split the tree which needs to be done. His true parents are David Dilley and Julia Devereux, NOT Henry Dilley and Louisa Ansell.
The rest of the tree going sideways and upwards including Henry is correct but not George Dilleys family. Someone else can use the rest of this incorrect family to place their own relatives correctly.

Private User

George Dilley has been disconnected from Henry Dilley & Louisa Ansell.

You should be able to "drop" the profile on correct parents, but post back if difficulties.

I am contacting you about this profile: Sarah Clapp

How many Sarah Newberry's are there?
I think this profile is two different Sarahs,

One is married to Preserved Clapp and the other one was married to Mosley.

Children of Elder Preserved and Sarah (Newbury) Clapp:
26. Sarah,8 b. in 1669; d. young.
27. Wait,8 b. in 1670; m. John Taylor, Jr.
28. Mart,3 b. in 1672; d. Nov. 2, 1691, aged 19 years.
+29. Preserved,8 b. April 29, 1675; d. Oct. 11, 1757, aged 82 years. +30. Samuel,8 b. in 1677; d. in 1761, aged about 84 years.
31. Hannah,8 b. May 5, 1681; m. first, Abraham Miller; second, Lieut. John Parsons. +32. Eoger," b. May 24, 1684; d. Jan. 9, 1762, aged 78 years. --33. Thomas," b. June 16, 1688; d. in Hartford, Ct., in 1745, a. 57 yrs.

Source: The Clapp Memorial: Record of the Clapp Family in America. By Ebenezer Clapp. Page 11.

Per the bio on John Maudsley, Lieut. his wife's name was Mary Newberry. Did some how there was a merge error? I'm not sure this is a fix I can do.

Sincerely,
Alice Knapp

Alice Zoe Marie Knapp 3 sisters have become 1. I'm creating new profiles & sending you requests to add yourself as manager - if you'd be kind enough to accept the co management.

As method I've done this:

- add sisters to the smerged Sarah
- marry the sisters to her extra husbands; this creates pairs in the "drop down" box in the "edit relationships" tab
- move the children to the correct parent pair by selecting them in the drop down

The last step will be to disconnect the extra marriages

It's not hard to source, Savage had identified them 200 years ago

@George Dilley managed by Gary John Westermann

Thanks for solving the problem, much appreciated!

Erica Howton Thank you very much for fixing it. I just couldn't wrap my brain around it last night. I think it was too late for me. :) You are awesome!!!

Can anyone explain why I am unable to send up a ticket ????

Can anyone explain why i was able to approve Smart Matches all morning?
It's stopped now.

Alex Moes

Maybe it has to do with the turning point of SUN & MOON, for the curatorium is used to manage their work together early in their mornings and late in their evernings, so wait till is afternoon in your region of the world.....? --jMVu--

Smart matches are not a curator issue so - baffled.

Richard (Rick) Gary Simon what are the exact steps you are taking to open a help ticket with Geni Customer Support?

Erica Howton

what means 'baffled' in real dutch? thanks in advance, jeannette.

Showing 6361-6390 of 8939 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion