for curators: my profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, October 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1051-1080 of 1795 posts

Please consider for MP status, thank you! Charles Henry Stoddard

Thank you for considering my 7th-whatever-whatever-cousin for MP status! Lysander Gee

Got'em ... and seeking help to get that match resolved.

Thanks all the way around, Dan! ;-)

Please consider for an MP: Robert McGavin, Jr.

Thanks!

Done. Add a bit of an "About" to Caroline Rowe McGavin and she could be MP'd too.

Well, then, please consider Caroline Rowe McGavin for MP status, as well as poor Maryetta Gee . Thanks!

Dear Erica Howton et al,
Could you please MP Nelson Inman ( Nelson Proctor Inman ) for me?
Thanks,
Jessie German

Done. Tragic ending to his fearless wife's life! If you clean up the overview a little on her, maybe we can find a project, or make one. I have all those "stalked by a panther in Arkansas" ancestors ....

Thanks Erica Howton ;)

Erica Howton,
Could you please MP Captain William M. Horton ? Not many descendents found, but an interesting story.
Thanks,
Jessie German

Jessica Marie German Captain Horton is done.

Jessica thank you for pointing out the story. For some reason, because it's not sad, I found it moving.

Erica Howton,
Here are two more I think are ready for MP:
Judith Sprague
Deacon John Sprague

I have located as many descendents as I can (1,567), so it's time to move on to Judith's brother, Daniel.
Thanks,
Jessie German

Hey, Jessica,

Are John & Judith's children all that are known and correct as far as you've found? Once you have that ascertained, it can be helpful to make their children MP's, too. That way, if there are any future merges into that family it becomes rather obvious that either children match to one of those MP's -- or there is something either wrong ... or new information!

Dan Cornett,
I have sources posted for almost all of the descendents, right up to recent times. The only ones not directly sourced are either sourced by references in parents' or childrens' sources, or died young and appear in well known or multiple family trees on the web. Please feel free to MP as many as you like, but I don't have time to go back and add the "pretty stuff" in the About Me section, although that info is on the profile anyway. If you find any errors please let me know, or fix them. But if you do fix something please cite a source as I have done.
Thanks,
Jessie German

Jessica congrats on locating over 1500 Sprague's on Geni! I bet I'm related multiple ways.

Please look at this profile: Thomas Rix, of Salem

Hello,

I have a complex request. I organized and would like to manage a 'Current pretenders to the thrones' project. It can be found here:

http://www.geni.com/projects/Current-pretenders-to-the-thrones/15252

The main aim is to present all the current pretenders to the thrones (of currently existing states) in the world.

The main problem now is that some of them are not MP's, neither there are marked as 'public'. I'd like you to change it. I can 'remaster' these non-MP profiles to meet the requirements (actually, that's my aim to do it - pictures, dates, proper names etc.).

http://www.geni.com/projects/Current-pretenders-to-the-thrones/15252 - the profiles are not marked with (MP). So there are 7 profiles, which I'd like to be either MP or public. I think it should be doable.

Best wishes. :)

Karol - invite some curators who are familiar with European noble lines to collaborate on the project (this would not be me). Then you can use "discussions" when a profile is ready to be Mastered. I've worked successfully with collaborators this way and very much enjoyed what I learned as a result.

Thanks for an answer, Erica Howton. Using the curators list I invited a few curators that may found this project interesting and worth working on.
But I'd like to clarify something in case I didn't understand it properly; I wouldn't know whether a certain profile is ready to be MP; taking the first from the list Leka II, titular King of the Albanians - I can't see the details (nor can I view his parents; this I can do only by search engine - i.e. his father Leka I, King of the Albanians).
In other words, I'm not sure how could I influence that particular profile to meet the requirements of being a MP (considering the fact that, apart from name and photo I don't see anything - including family, description, biography etc...).

I hope I didn't mix too much and it's understandable. :)

Best wishes,

KW

Totally understandable. I peeked at the project & it's beautifully set up as a start, and you've interested several curators. I look forward to the project development.

Thanks a lot. I created a topic in the project's discussions.

http://www.geni.com/discussions/125998?msg=885060

Best wishes,

KW

Erica Howton
OK, off to a new project, cleaning up my Cheever lines. Here is the first minister of Manchester, Massachusetts, Reverend Ames Cheever . Could you please MP him?
Thanks,

Jessie German

Hi, Brittany Christine Jenkins ... that is a nice 'About' writeup. However, the profile is set private, as are his spouse and those of the previous generation. If you make that profile as Master Profile, it will force it to be Public. Just wanted you to be aware of that before it is set.

You may want to look at the list of profiles you manage or that are in your family group and ensure the private/public settings are the way you want them to be. There are tips for how to do so in the lower portion of this Project's Description: http://www.geni.com/projects/Brick-Wall-Workshop/13085

Sorry. Thought I had already switched him and his family to public. I will fix it! Thanks so much.

I made Rafael Cardenas Zepeda an MP, Brittany Christine Jenkins ... you might want to add the spouses and children noted in his "About", at least as 'place holders', with what information you do have ... and make them public (if deceased), too, so others may be able to add information and 'connections' later.

Showing 1051-1080 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion