for curators: my profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, October 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1231-1260 of 1795 posts

OK, will look at them, not my work either, but my family.
What is the verdict on that? Must you be the manager to request this?

No, - it is just my "rule", since I want that Master Profiles should have some quality to get the Master Profile Marker. Other curators might not care.
The exception is of course profiles that need some protection against bad merges or changes.

I believe that is what Kevin is asking of me, to protect the "correct" lines, whole families. Correctness and quality are both important factors.

Marking profiles as Master Profiles does not protect them as a line, i.e getting connections altered.

Please consider for MP! :)

Kazimierz Deyna

Best wishes,

KW

Private User, Done.

Private User, It is up to you as to how you decide to request them.

Thanks a lot Kevin Lawrence Hanit. :)

Private User, If you can complete the two profiles of his two brothers, I am willing to master them as well.

Kevin

Sharyn, I agree with Bjørn. Several of those profiles lack even dates or locations, much less documentation proving the accuracy you want to protect. I would not blanket MP that area with so little to go on.

The most effective way to protect a line is to use the "follow" tool and simply keep an eye on them for any problematic changes or connections that might come up. MPing the profiles isn't going to accomplish what you're seeking, but your own attentiveness will.

Kevin Lawrence Hanit I'm not sure I'm able to do it - although his two brothers are mentioned at Wikipedia page - they were footballers (soccer players) too, but amateur ones, they don't have Wikipedia pages and I couldn't even find their photos and/or additional information. And Kazimierz Deyna is the real Polish hero (and voted the best Polish footballer in history).

Best wishes,

KW

Private User,

No problem.

Kevin

Elmer Leonard Spears
This is my Grandfather. I cannot access any of the Canadian records on Ancestry, but this is what is available to me.

@Elmer Leonard Spears is my 14th cousin thrice removed Judy Rice

@Sir William Molyneux, Lord of Sefton & Clifton is my 3rd cousin 15 times removed Judy Rice

@Brig. General Jedediah Elderkinis my 12 cousin 7 times removed Judy Rice

@Sarah Jacksonis my 12 cousin 5 times removed Judy Rice

Elmer is MP'd, Dea. Nice writeup. It'd be nice to get more around him, too.

Dea Lowry,

What do you need to have me look up for you on Ancestry.ca?

I can and will do it for you.

Kevin

Private User,

You need to get rid of the conflicting data before someone will Master the profile for you.

Kevin

Thanks Private User

Thanks Kevin Lawrence Hanit done :)

Private User,

Done.

@ Dan Thank you. Elmer was my first MP, so I am thrilled to say the least...I will try to expand the tree, but because I do not have access to Canadian records on Ancestry I am limited. There are at least 3 Generations of Spear/Spears family in Canada, then in US before that.

Kevin Lawrence Hanit Thanks :) Dea Lowry I have access to ancestry(full) as well, and am available to help if you search, and give the links to what you require. Do you have the "My Heritage" data addon? It allows you to search through that as well, it is orientated toward US I find, but may be of benefit. I am in OZ. Sharyn

OK, got his link, will take a look, maybe message me rather than fill this thread any more, others get alerts for "off topic" stuff. I find I even resist the "Thank You" because I realize ppl log in here for it.

Google seems to love profiles with some information on them, even if it is just dates and parents, something ppl should realise more...

Good Night :)

Cara Alma (Norris) Spears
My grandmother and wife to Elmer Spears (Recently MP'd)

Dea Lowry, Done

Thank you Kevin. You are helping me build my confidence. Now on to my other set of Grandparents.

Please consider for MP - Pope Pius XI :)

Best wishes,

KW

Showing 1231-1260 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion