Please do NOT merge unsourced duplicates into the MEDIEVAL tree

Started by Sharon Doubell on Friday, July 29, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 6712 posts
7/29/2016 at 5:15 AM

Many users have been being very helpful in trying to clean up the world tree, but we need to create a different method of dealing with the vast number of medieval duplicate profiles, & we'd like your help:

LET US EXPLAIN: When the unsourced medieval duplicates get merged in by people who don't have curating tools, it takes us hours and hours -- sometimes days and days -- to clean up the tree conflicts and the data conflicts, as we merge in the rest of the line. Unless you have curating tools, please do not merge in profiles that date before 1500. This high up in the tree the potential for exponential Tree Conflict errors is far more work to fix than lower down. It also leaves the relatively well established Geni Medieval Tree in a permanent state of embarrassing chaos.

INSTEAD Please rather attach to this project or this Discussion any unsourced duplicate profiles, & the Medieval Curators will figure out what to do with them.

So! That is your new goal! Send us all those duplicates. We need help finding them. Either
1.Attach them to the project, or
2. Put their profile link in the Discussion below.

7/31/2016 at 7:19 AM

:-) Post the link of the duplicate. I don't understand 10 + 8 :-)

7/31/2016 at 7:42 AM

It won't allow me to get to their url's, to copy them for you. Both died in 1040 wife of william de warrene. The 8th one and 10th one on a page of 13 profiles.

7/31/2016 at 7:46 AM
7/31/2016 at 8:13 AM

Thankyou - dealt with. You're a star :-)

7/31/2016 at 10:57 AM

Alice De de Warrene

Alice De de Warrene

Alice De de Warrene

7/31/2016 at 11:17 AM

Gundred de St. Omer, Countess of Surrey

Gundred de St. Omer, Countess of Surrey

not sure, if these are duplicates, same husband. Died same year.

8/1/2016 at 10:43 AM

Thanks Eileen Thanks Terry Jackson (Switzer) for sorting the Alices.

8/1/2016 at 2:39 PM

Gundred merged with isolated profile for Gundrada.

8/2/2016 at 12:40 AM

Richard Fitzrichard de Clare

Richard FitzRichard de Clare, Abbot of Ely

8/2/2016 at 12:55 AM

Fernando Álvarez de Toledo Herrera

this prfile has multiple parents

8/2/2016 at 2:11 AM

I see Reginald and Richard are done. Thanks to whoever did that :-)

8/2/2016 at 3:11 AM

Juan Guidel, alguacil mayor de Toledo

Juan Guidel, alguacil mayor de Toledo

not sure if these arethe same, spelling of name is a bit different.

8/2/2016 at 3:28 AM

Alfonso "El Grande" Fernández de Córdoba y Aguilar, VI Señor de Aguilar de la Frontera y de Priego

Alfonso "El Grande" Fernández de Córdoba y Aguilar, VI Señor de Aguilar de la Frontera y de Priego

i cant see if they are duplicates of the same person or just extra parents on the profile. so if you can please confirm. these are all tree conflicts with multiple parents

8/2/2016 at 4:36 AM

Luis E. Echeverría Domínguez, Voluntary Curator are these profiles the same: Alfonso "El Grande" Fernández de Córdoba y Aguilar, VI Señor de Aguilar de la Frontera y de Priego and https://www.geni.com/people/Alfonso-El-Grande-Fernández-de-Córdova/... or different? At a quick glance they seem to share relationships. Have they been smerged into each other, or are the duplicates?

8/2/2016 at 5:15 AM

Hildegarde de Ferrette
this one applies to the one just posted. seems odd Manfred 1& 3 being father to hildegarde

9/5/2016 at 4:30 AM
9/5/2016 at 4:37 AM

Simon de Dammartin, comte de Ponthieu

8 similar profiles

Private User
9/5/2016 at 10:14 AM

I just entered several lines of a friend/ relative not realizing that they connected They now need to be merged and I don't know how to connect them , short of re entering them from the distant end and then going back and deleting the original ones. GUESS WHAT THAT SOUNDS LIKE TOO MUCH WORK iT IRKS ME THAT DIDN'T THINK OF IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

9/5/2016 at 10:19 AM

Private User
Send me a Geni message with friends link to profile or her name

Showing 1-30 of 6712 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion