ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן on Sunday, September 5, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 61-90 of 8939 posts

@Margaret S Verner, I just tried it and got the same tech difficulties notice.

Thanks Kim, I am working on detaching children and simplifying it as much as possible then will try it again.

All unlinked but one.

Gone for a while and tried to unlink the last profile again but still can't, so back to work....love to know why it won't unlink.

I couldn't do it either, Margaret. Maybe the help desk could fix it? Good luck!

Please take a look at Mary Bigelow <Mary Mercy Bruce Read>, 1677-1720. She has too many parents.

Thomas Flagg <Thomas Flagg>, 1615-1698, has too many parents

Mercy Bigelow <Mercy Garfield>, 1686-1745, has too many parents. It ain't natural.

Joshua Bigelow, 1677-1728, <Joshua Bigelow, Jr.> has too many parents.

Even if I am the main manager on those I leave it to the new curator Erica Howton who seems to know this line better and obviously, based on the Revisions info, are working on this line.

With her new curator privileges this job should be easier now.

For further such requests. In case of parent conflicts please tell what is the correct set and data, - it saves us a lot of time and even people without any knowledge of the line might be able to easy fix errors.

If I new who the correct parents were, I would certainly fix it myself. When I have no idea what parentage is correct, I am asking the curators to fix it. This is the best I can reasonably do.

I am trying to be helpful. If I am just causing more chaos, please let me know and I will stop pointing out problem areas. Heaven knows I do not wish to make things worse.

No problem, - anyone who can help are welcome, and pinpointing problematic areas are especially welcome, - that is why we have started this thread.

done

It appears others besides myself are concerned about merging and what happens after we merge. It appears that many others like myself are not planning on any more merges until this matter had been resolved. At the moment I have over a hundred people who want to merge with me. This is crazy!. Judy

Please get off my family tree. I don't appreciate interlopers with discussions posted on my tree.

Stanley Eden

Stanley, can you please explain more clearly what you mean by "interlopers with discussions posted on my tree"?

Robert Richard Foote, 1553-1608 <Robert Foote of Shalford>, has too many parents. Can someone help?

I think the problem with too many parents in most cases is smiley that there are so many people working on same lines and each have there separate set of parents or in cases like myself they have family members who have married other family members and going backwards they end up eventually in the same place. Sometimes you can get them to merge but sometimes it just for whatever reason won't let you merge. God knows I tried on several of mine. Hope you have better luck. Judy

I think the problem with too many parents in most cases is smiley that there are so many people working on same lines and each have there separate set of parents or in cases like myself they have family members who have married other family members and going backwards they end up eventually in the same place. Sometimes you can get them to merge but sometimes it just for whatever reason won't let you merge. God knows I tried on several of mine. Hope you have better luck. Judy

Mark I have merged all the Robert profiles - thats always the first option - What is you source on these profiles I haven't been able to find any - who is the reight parents?

Carole, it looks like the Richard FitzAlan problem was taken care of by Angus last night--this is something that Pros and Curators have the tools to handle, so just let us know if you have future problems like this.

Judith, the secret is to clean up as much as possible (for example, if there are multiple parents who are the same persons) by going to View Tree and clicking the little yellow triangle in the lower left of the person's rectangular name box, and then dragging and dropping the duplicates on top of each other (this process is usually called "stacking" in Geni lingo). Then click CONTINUE and follow directions to approve the tree.

If there are incorrect or conflicting parents, you can go back (still in Tree View) and click the yellow triangle again and after you click Continue, you may get a choice of which parents are correct. If there is only one correct set, please choose it. If there are lots of multiples of the same parents, then first it's best to go back to their profiles and try to merge them so you don't cut any loose. If you get a message that you cannot choose those parents because it will break the tree, then that's when you refer the problem to one of us since we can use our Pro and Curator tools to remove the incorrect parents.

Hope this helps.

@gunther kipp: Concerning the Robert profiles: I have no idea. They showed up in my merged file list, so I attempted to merge them.

Can anyone explain how I can receive a mergerequest from myself ?
And why do i receive mergerequests on profiles i am not allowed to se?

What does the MP stand for on the profiles?

Can some one help Divorce

Ela Greene, {possibly fictional}
From
Sir Thomas Greene, VI, Lord of Greens Norton

There are no pending merges, Geni brings up the connection to remove but then will not remove because of splitting the tree. Both have other spouses and children that are not connected between the Divorcees.

Thank You

MP stands for Master Profile. A curator can label a profile as 'Master' when they feel the profile matches the available historical research. The idea is that when someone merges into a Master Profile they leave the data in the Master Profile alone.

off to look at Ela and Thomas

divorce complete

Lori or Gene, maybe you can assist me on this profile.
At least 6 different parents....
Anne Church

(inherited profile)

Mareen Duvall "The Immigrant"'s parents are unknown.

I've tried to reach consensus with other descendants, but it isn't working. (http://www.geni.com/discussions/6000000009368277502)

I request that a curator look at the profiles at hand, read the discussion, and then make a decision about severing Mareen Duvall "The Immigrant" from his dubious parents.

Showing 61-90 of 8939 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion