Technical difficulties?

Started by Private User on Thursday, February 16, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1411-1440 of 1546 posts

Same here.....

Messages have "we are experiencing technical difficulties"....started late last night.....

We are also back to having to re-click items in the queue (data conflicts) in order for them to go from 'profile updated' to 'resolved'.....

Sending messages also gets the same "technical difficuties' message..

Can't talk, can't hear

rvk.....Are you referring to us?

of course not

Message box working again. Thank you.

Here's another problem, as I see it, others may not! You know how you put your photos and documents in with other Geni family member? Well why can't they all go in as a group for each person involved,? It would be so much easier to say all my Swedish family member in one lump group, instead of having to sort though all albums.I know at the moment they go in in the order of how they are entered, but really it would nice if they went into each persons group of pictures in order of course. That way , you can find them more easily to view and they don't intermingled with yours.I don't really like having someone else smack dab in the middle of mine. And yes , I know I can just check of or not check off family and then it's just mine but when I want to view someone else's, it would be nice if they were all together. Just a thought! Don't get me wrong , I enjoy seeing the other peoples photos, especially really old ones and scenery of places I have never been and probably will never get to go to. Judy

Why do I have a time line on here?I never filled out my job ete. Yet it was showing. I am not connected to Face book and Geni at the same time. I never authorized geni to see my face book. Does this mean they can cause I don't want them to or this just part of Geni? I want them separate from each other.

Private User,
On the top right corner you'll see your name. If you click on it you'll see a list of things you can do. One of the things you'll see is PRIVACY. There are lots of things you can fill in that you either want or don't want.

On the same page, but not on the above list, you'll see on the left side some more things you can 'adjust'. One of them has to do with FACEBOOK.

Geni does not automatically pull your Facebook data. Either you (or someone who can edit your profile) entered your job data into Geni, or you logged in using Facebook Connect.

I took a bunch off. Don't know how i got timeline on there. But I know i didn't ask for it unless Geni has it's own version of it but then how did they get work info, since I didn't add it. Never logged in using my face book connection. Always excit each site before entering another. Only have two people from Geni in face book also and One no longer is in Geni.

I just got three messageres from geni concerning three tickets, have no clue what they are about. One was to do with profile Lydia Bangs , one I don'r remember what the heading said and the thrid was deliting and taging, this one I opened . All concerned me and had several messageres attached from people like Eric. ai don't why i am getting them. What's yo? Also on the top it said welcome back Judith?

Judy, just ignore the ticket messages. Geni was house cleaning and they were sent in error.

Yes, I found that out. Thanks Eldon.

The same for me. Just continuous saving.

Not able to upload profile pictures.

well, I think you can load not photographs, nor documents either in alfa-betical, nog numerocial orde,... ora sosmss

Documents still continuously uploading, thought it was something wrong at my end.
Photo uploads go to the "we'll be right back"

Has anyone had an feedback on the problem uploading photo's...I can't both thru Media and in profile mode.

I had the problem this morning. After doing a computer restart the problem went away. I've been uploading photos within the last few minutes.

No need to reboot, i just uploaded a document using exactly the same method i was trying last night and it worked fine now.

Hallo Jeannette,
All the Ms are very good this morning, chocolate eggs for breakfast!

I have been getting the "We'll be right back" after photo uploads for months now. I think I reported it already a number of times. No one seems to care.

No problems uploading from "Add Photo" from the node-flip. I think this is an undocumented feature, because I stumbled across it by accident and haven't encountered any explanations of it. (It does "quick and dirty" upload direct from your computer.)

Photo uploading is working fine now. Thank you Geni Team.

Working OK now. Thanks

Every so often I have trouble with it also.

Randy Schoenberg
Alex Moes
And anybody else who wants to chime in.
Based on new information, I added a wife to an existing profile, Salomon Lanzer Salomon Lanzer, Second wife Lanzer (Unknown) Augusta Lanzer added a daughter to that second wife, Krita Muller (Lanzer) ,
Grete Müller , and moved the nod from the first position to the new one.
So far so good, I achieved the merge, which also moved the daughter's husband and two children to the new place.
I wanted thereafter to delete Krita Muller (the daughter) from her first nod, but Geni is denying me that possibility.
What do I have to do, or did I go about the process of moving Krita to her new mom the wrong way?
I am asking this from the two gentlemen above for their extensive knowledge in everything to do with Geni.
THANK YOU

You need to click on "edit" and the "relationships" tab, and then delete the improper parents.

Are the two Regina wives different? Who is the mother of Konrad b. 1913?

THANKS Randy Schoenberg!
Regina Baron is the mother of Konrad.
Both Reginas are different.
Solomon was married to three wives. First died in child birth. Second died in an accident. Third was was the mother of only Konrad, but raised all 5 children.
By the way, I also have a problem with merging Konrad, but one step at a time.

Showing 1411-1440 of 1546 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion