issues adding profiles

Started by Robin Lent on Monday, February 27, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published in the United States between 1925 and 1977, inclusive, without a copyright notice. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Al_Jolson_-_publicity.JPG#mw-jump-to-license
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 61-90 of 122 posts

At Pam's request I have merged the various Norman Mailer profiles. As Pam pointed out, these are her close family, and given we are dealing with recent profiles in general here, there is strong likelihood some of the other profiles will have close family Geni users. As always, we will need to respect Geni users' privacy requests.

I usually look at the About Me and if the family has put in material about the famous person's accomplishments, I assume that they wish that profile to be public (in a merge) whereas any private profile I maintain as private and when in doubt all family profiles except the notable family member are private. Usually if you email families they agree to the notable member being a public profile, but if not, then I make a duplicate MP.

Thanks for merging Norman's tree with mine, great help David.

Robin,

Add Elizabeth Taylor as she converted to Judaism.

Also add the rest of that list if you can find them here on Geni.

Liz is already on the list.

Sammy Davis, Jr.

Kate Capshaw

Richard Joseph Neutra
profile not public important modernism architect

Lawrence Halprin
American landscape architect, urban parks, plazas, commercial and cultural centers.

Daniel Libeskind
selected by the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation to oversee the rebuilding of the World Trade Center, both parents are Holocaust survivors

Gabrielle Giffords, U.S. Congress

Judge Judy Sheindlin

Jerry Sheindlin
former NY State Supreme Justice

Dave Fleischer

Lou Fleischer

Edward H. Levi, United States Attorney General
first Jewish Attorney General of the United States, issued guidelines requiring the
FBI to show evidence of a crime before using secret police techniques like wiretaps or
entering someone's home without warning

Al Capp
profile not public

Max Fleischer
cartoonist Popeye, Betty Boop profile not public

Art Spiegelman
profile not public Pulitzer Prize-winning comic book memoir, Maus

Horace Stern
profile not public first Jew to serve on the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and the first Jewish
trustee of the University of Pennsylvania

I'll change Daniel Libeskind to the public profile

Robin,

Al Capp is already there.

Robin, is Charlie Sheen on your list? His name was originally Chaim Levine.

And Oliver Stone

LOL! Charlie Sheen's birth name was Carlos Irwin Estevez.

Adam Robert Brown you saved the day!

I was just about to get down on my knees and beg the world forgiveness for Mr. Sheen.

Thanks so much Robin for the link about Elizabeth Taylor et al. I found it so interesting that I forwarded it to my mother. I have added Elvis but I bet we get curious questions LOL.

I've added the ones that are public from the above links Robin.

I just learned that Golda Meir went to school and taught school in America,
this is so fascinating.

There are a bunch of War hero's, if we can add a category for Military, I will look for them on Geni.

I added a couple of ambassadors that are relatives of mine who I discovered doing genealogy. I never met them :)

Robin,

Go ahead and look for them. We will make a category for them, if it is required.

Benny Friedman is private. I added the others.

I have a bunch of military that are not public (early 1800s) many of them are connected to my tree, same branch that connects Hatte..I will be back tomorrow...thanks for the offer to help..I will get you the death certificate with the only real clues

@Adam Robert Brown and @Shmuel-Aharon have just spent the past hour looking for the link I found giving Charlie Sheen's supposed birth name.
Guess I'll have to ask Charlie's forgiveness ! And yours...

Thanks Victar.

MILITARY

Nathan Straus
Unknown Profile
not public...should be

Commodore Uriah Phillips Levy, USN

Vice Admr. Clifton A. F. "Ziggy" Sprague (USN)

Color Sgt. Leopold Karpeles

Capt. Abraham Cohn, USA

Lt. Raymond Zussman, Medal of Honor

SSG Isadore "Izzy" Jachman
not a public profile

Ben Louis Salomon

Adm. Claude Charles Bloch
not a public profile

Ben Moreell

Major General Robert Bernstein

Sam Drebin (Dreben)
not a public profile needs to be

Private
not a public profile

Private
Feinstein downed five enemy aircraft, thereby becoming a flying ace, the last ace produced by the USAF

NVENTORS HALL OF FAME

Emile Berliner
gramophone

Private
profile not public ultraviolet excimer laser on biological materials

Leopold Godowsky, Jr.
Leopold Damrosch Mannes
Color Photography

Ray Kurzweil
not public need to find out if same first machine to transform print into computer-spoken words

Edwin Herbert Land, Royal Society, RPS, Hon. RI
container carrying a photographic processing liquid for photography

Robert H. Rines
not a public profile electric system; microwave scanning system; sound ranging system and high resolution radar and sonar

Arthur Leonard Schawlow
profile not public laser

Canadian actor
Hart Bochner

It is my opinion that Sam Dreben is an important part of American Jewish history. Asking to make a profile public is not a violation. You are under no obligation to share that profile or any other profile.

Robin,

The manager of Hart Bochner's profile will not make him public. The two of us are indirectly related. One of her cousins married one of mine.

I feel terrible if I offended anyone by suggesting a profile be made public. This experience has been insanely humbling. I have learned so much from all of you.

thanks...Robin

Showing 61-90 of 122 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion