Longest relationship path?

Started by Alex Moes on Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 17 posts
8/26/2014 at 5:16 PM

I was surprised this morning when Geni identified another user as my 55th cousin 9 times removed.

Previously the vague limit that i had perceived was around the 25th cousin zone, has something changed in the software or is this just a random chance?

Private
8/26/2014 at 5:20 PM

wondering what's up with that too..
bibicial noah is like my 79th great grandfather!

8/26/2014 at 6:16 PM

Longest relationship path?

Huáng Dì, 黄帝, Jī Xuān Yuán 姬軒轅, 1 is your 120th great grandfather Huáng Dì (Yellow Emperor) 黃帝, Xuān Yuán 軒轅, 1
Mahendra I, is your 120th cousin 12 times removed Mahendra I
Huang Qiaoshan 黄峭山, 871-953, son of Huang Xi 黄锡 and Lǐ 李氏, is your 121st cousin thrice removed Huang Qiaoshan 黃峭山
Wee Chieng Sin, 1931,Zhangzhou, Zhao'an, Fujian, China-1980, is your 121st cousin 34 times removed Jī Yī Lú, 姬依盧, 10世
Agnan Fionn, King of Gothia, is your 122nd great grandfather Agnan Fionn (Lebor Gabála Érenn)
Bappa Rawal, Prince Kalbhoj, ca 713-d. 753,father of Khuman, is your 125th cousin 7 times removed Bappa Rawal
Beouman, King of Scythia is your 127th great grandfather Boamhain (Lebor Gabála Érenn) Boamhain (Lebor Gabála Érenn)
Khuman II(father of Mangal Raj and Mahayuk), is your 130th cousin twice removed. Khuman II
Shǎo Diǎn 少典 is your 131st great grandfather GŌNGSŪN Shǎo Diǎn 少典, 1世
Neuil Nemnach, King of Scythia, is your 132nd great grandfather Niul Nemnach, King of Scythia (Lebor Gabála Érenn)
Kashyap, father of the Devas, Asuras, Nagas and all ofhumanity. He married Aditi. Diti and Aditi were daughters of King Daksha Prajapati and sisters to Sati,Shiva's consort, is your 132nd great grandfather Raja Rishi Kashyapa of Anga
Marichi, Rishi Marichi or Mareechi or Marishi (ṛṣi Marīci, ऋषि मरीचि) (meaning a ray of light), is your 133rd great grandfather Marichi
Phoeniusa Farsaidh, King of Scythia, is your 133rd great grandfather Fénius Farsaid, King of Scythia (Lebor Gabála Érenn)
Bathath is your 134th great grandfather Bathath Farssaidh, King of Scythia (Lebor Gabála Érenn)
Lord Chaturmukha Brahma, Brahma (Sanskrit: ब्रह्मा; IAST:Brahmā), is your 134th great grandfather Brahma
Bhagwan Vishnu Narayan, Vishnu is the Supreme God of Vaishnavism, one of the three main sects of Hinduism. Vishnu is also known as Narayana and Hari, is your 135th great grandfather Supreme PURUSH aka NĀRĀYANA
Magog (Irish version) is your 135th great grandfather Magog . (Irish version) (Lebor Gabála Érenn)
Magog, מגוג (Genesis 10:2; Chronicles 1:5), one of Noah’s grandsons, ancestor of the Scythians, north of the Black Sea, is your 136th great grandfather Magog . (Irish version) (Lebor Gabála Érenn)

No, it's just little old me. T

8/26/2014 at 8:07 PM

Okay i should have stated my question a little better :)
I was specifically referring to paths between Geni members.

Private User
8/27/2014 at 5:00 AM

Hi Alex,
Great question, we are the 25th cousins, thrice removed, my interest lies mostly with the MacDonald & Stewart royal families that intermarry with other counties royal families of the 13th and 14th century, it seems that most Geni members I am related to connect at these family surnames of mine.
Del.

8/28/2014 at 7:37 AM

Hi Alex, "specifically referring to paths between Geni members" all the european descendants of Attila, King of Huns, are related to Ir. Dr. Tan Chee Lin, Philip 陳志仁, 146, 138, 105, 58, 45, 33,19G, (承), my 94th cousin 10 times removed: .Private User

Private User
8/28/2014 at 8:16 AM

Connection Between Chinese and West Through Zhou Ly-sze

The connection of Han Chinese descended from Huang Di and European descendants of Attila, King of Huns is through Zhou Ly-sze at Zhou Ly-sze. The profile of Zhou Ly-sze was added by Shaun Chapman on 8 April 2009. Zhou Ly-sze was entered as the daughter of King You of Zhou 周幽王 宮湦 and Shen Hòu 申后. She is quoted as the wife of Bor of the Huns, King of the Huns by Shaun Chapman. From the Eastern sources I am not able to find one listing the daughters of King You of Zhou 周幽王 宮湦.

8/28/2014 at 8:53 AM

It would be reasonable to cut the parents of Ly-sze Si Zhou 周 (född Chou), then put a link to her supposed parents in her overview.

The poorly formatted Overview text is a copy-paste from http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=jwebe.... If someone has an interest in doing cleanup on it, that would be very helpful.

Private User
8/28/2014 at 7:33 PM

Chinese ancestral records in olden times traditionally did not record female offspring. If the Western records do mentioned certain connection, it would serve certain clues. So I would think it is best to leave the connection of @Zhou Ly-sze as it is.

8/28/2014 at 7:34 PM

More likely, it does not appear in western records. The earliest mention seems to be a 1942 compilation that did not cite a source.

8/28/2014 at 8:08 PM

Re Poorly Formatted Overview

Tried some things. It's a real pain. Isn't there a simple way to tell Geni to enter the text in the way it was already formatted? Tried the Formatting Help. No good results.

8/28/2014 at 8:44 PM

No easy way. Have to go in and do the carriage returns and bullets and all the rest of it.

8/28/2014 at 10:48 PM

Work offline, either with Word or Excel then paste the result as a block into Geni, y:ou still have to ensure all formatting is compliant with Geni needs but it gives y:ou option to find, replace, etc

Private User
10/8/2014 at 12:05 PM

I intend to follow Justin's suggestion to cut Ly-sze from the Zhou line. It just occurred to me where this Ly-sze, a Chinese-sounding name, might have come about: it is likely a corrupted rendition of 褒姒 (Baosi), the infamous concubine of King You of Zhou who brought about the end of Western Zhou dynasty.

The history, inasmuch as can be deemed so for this period, only has it that she was taken by a nomadic tribe named Quanrong, and no name is mentioned whatsoever. The connection of this tribe with the Xiongnu some five hundreds years after, is more speculative than that of Xiongnu with the Huns.

Private User
10/22/2014 at 7:07 PM

@Deisi Vaz Pinto,

You mentioned Huang Qiao Shan (黄峭山). Following is some account of him:
Huang Qiao Shan (黄峭山), conferred "Marquis of a Thousand Households" 万户侯 by Emperor Zhaozong of Tang Dynasty (唐昭宗) and subsequently Vice-Minister of Works (工部侍郎), was born on 871 AD in Kntou Village (坎头村), Heping Town (和平镇), Shaowu City (邵武市) of Fujian Province (福建省). He had altogether 21 sons through his three wives.

After the fall of the Tang Dynasty (唐朝) in 907 AD, China plunged into a period of wars and chaos, in what was known as the Five Dynasties Period, Wu Dai (五 代) ( 907 to 960 AD). In 951 AD, he instructed his 18 younger sons and their families to live separately for the eternal preservation of the lineage, keeping the eldest son from each of his three wives and their families at Shaowu (邵武). Bidding farewell to them, he wrote a poem, which subsequently adopted as the Ancestry Generation Poem zu shi (祖诗), below:
骏马登程往异方,任从胜地立纲常,
年深外境犹吾境,日久他乡即故乡,
朝夕莫忘亲命语,晨昏须荐祖宗香,
惟愿苍天垂庇佑,三七男儿总炽昌.

Translated:
“Jumping onto excellent steeds and getting ready for other lands,
Follow the ways of future lands when you are living there;
After many years that would be your own lands,
Wherever chosen your roots plant, that will be your new homeland;
Take heart your old father's advice from morn till night,
Remember to burn incense for ancestry on dawn and twilight;
My only wish is for God’s protection to you provide,
But I expect the twenty-one of you, uphold our ancestral pride.”

The three wives of Qiao Shan also wrote poems to teach their daughters-in laws. They changed only two words in the first stanza of Qiao Shan’s poem so that descendants of each of the wives could tell from which one they have descended from.
For the same purpose another change is the second stanza, where they indicated how many vegetarian’s meals each branch of descendants should eat on the first day of the lunar New Year.

The poem written by first wife:
骏马行行出异方,大年初一吃素一餐.
“Jumping onto excellent steeds and casually traveling for other lands,
Eating one vegetarian meal on the first day of the New Year;”

The poem written by the second wife:
骏马悠悠出异方,大年初一吃素二餐.
“Jumping onto excellent steeds and leisurely heading for other lands,
Eating two vegetarian meals on the first day of the New Year;”

The poem written by the third wife:
骏马匆匆出异方,大年初一吃素三餐.
“Jumping onto excellent steeds and hastily leaving for other lands,
Eating three vegetarian meals on the first day of the New Year.”

The 21 sons of Huang Qiào Shān (黄峭山) were: He 和, Mei 梅, Xun 荀, Gai 盖, Chu 楚, Gui 龟, Yang 洋, Zheng 郑, Hua 化, Qu 衢, Lu 庐, Fu 福, Lin 林, Tang 塘, Fa 发, Tan 潭, Cheng 城, Ting 廷, Yun 允, Jing 井 and Ceng 层 .

(They are listed according to the seniority of their mother and not their birth-year.)

According to the Genealogy, each of Huang Qiao Shan's three wives bore him seven sons. But according to one legend, the eldest wife had seven sons, the second wife had eight and the third wife had six, and in order to make it even, Huang Qiao Shan had the youngest son of the second wife adopted by the third wife.

Lord Brahma is my 135th great grandfather.

Showing all 17 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion