Introducing the Curator Team

Started by Pam Wilson (on hiatus) on Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 391-420 of 426 posts

Welcome Private User from one of my favorite cities!

Now we have opened Pandora's box, isn't Northern California underrepresented ;) ?

Yes, Hatte, NorCal is. We "Left-Coasters" need some help out here! I've dabble at early California profiles, California wine families, some old cemeteries and a little Gold Rush. I'm always tied up with Virginia history and don't get much time to work on this area. Along with NorCal, we could use Oregon and Washington, too.

"One" of your fave citites Hatte Rubenstein Blejer?!? It's the ONLY city ;-) JK of course .

We have quite a few new Coloradans from that area. Mind if we send them back? ;)

My son agrees with you 150% ★ Wendi ★.

Okay - so she is NOT welcoming new Curators who are from Northern CA - but rather is sending a welcome to new Curators from herself in Northern CA.

Still - who are these new Curators? - I take it there is Chris and Wendi, but are there others as well?

My congratulations to Wendy Newman and David Prins!

Thank you Fred Bergman I would have never made it this far had it not been for your help and support when I first started on Geni. Hugs to you!

you're welcome Wendi! Unfortunately for Geni I was forced to stop helping other users. . . .

I know Fred Bergman, but you are a valuable member of the Geni community whether you are a curator or not!

Fred Bergman - You was just tooooo helpful for Geni
(like I sometimes / once).

:-(

Wendi and Lauri thanks, but I don't believe that the new management of Geni has the same opinion! I got the impression that Geni is happy with my low activity now.

Hey all curators i need help in removing a person from another persons family tree, i need to remove Margaret Anderson from "John James Anderson or vice versa considering Lady Margaret Jean Anderson Campbell is my 8th great-grandmother so i need you to remove John James Anderson from her if you so you please

Hey Lauri Kreen, can you help me with this problem below as soon as possible, thanks, and now here's the problem
i need help in removing a person from another persons family tree, i need to remove Lady Margaret Jean Anderson (Campbell) from "John James Anderson or vice versa considering Lady Margaret Jean Anderson Campbell is my 8th great-grandmother so i need you to remove John James Anderson from her if you so you please

Casey Lee Anderson
I did what you asked but would you use the discussion

'ATTENTION Curators, please assist''
https://www.geni.com/discussions/142108

For help in the future

Casey Lee Anderson - I can see in John's profile 2 bad merges which are both related to your activities. I will unmerge them.
Please in future don't merge profiles with 200 years difference!

Hello everyone,

I'm Ulum, a new curator from Malaysia. I will work mainly focus the trees across Malaysia, Brunei and Indonesia. I've been actively in Geni since 5 years ago and resolved so many conflicts especially in Brunei & Malaysia area. Actually i'm Malay & not an Arabian, but i can understand a little bit of Arabic language and it's script. I'm happy and looking forward to work with this team. :)

Best regards,
-Ulum-

Tahniah, congratulations to the new task dude. All the best!

Aznijar bin Ahmad Yazid Terimo kasih! :)

O my Mike Stangel this is terrible. Seems I have missed this in my 4 months of miserable happinings.
I am Judi Private and have been a curator for a long time. I love to help people. And love research.
I am willing to help as far as I can. I have been doing research since 1985 and going.
I really can't remember when I became a curator.
I am Afrikaans and the English don't always come out correct.☺
Judi

@ as other posts, I added 40 relatives to my tree about three days ago believing for the past 10 years that I had the correct maternal person for a third great grandmother. After reviewing all the 40 people and adding them to my tree, I realized that my original information was not correct because of various birthdates and marriage dates. Investigating, I found a more suitable match and then found that tree on Ancestry. I now believe that this couple is incorrect. I see that I can't delete anyone but how do I disassociate those relatives without causing furture problems to anyone else?
The name in question on my tree is Mary Beecham b Feb 14 1799 and married to Joseph Holmes b Nov 7 1789. Neither of them are my relatives. Once you let me know how that can be corrected, I can add the new people, Joseph Homes m to Mary Newcomb married in 1804.

Catherine Louise Burton post on the discussion "Attention curstors please assist"

It is "sticky"

https://www.geni.com/discussions/172007

Using this format & providing this information:

Parents are incorrect

Please disconnect (give the Geni URL) as child of (give the Geni URL) and (give the Geni URL)

I will enter the correct parents.

----

It is critical you provide links to the Geni profiles. Otherwise we would need to ask that who we "think" you're talking about is who you actually mean. As a curator I will not risk disconnecting the wrong person.

----

in my tree, Cathy Burton, gr gr gr grandparents Joseph Holmes, 1776-1855 b Southwell, Nottinghamshire and his wife Mary Beecham b. Feb 14, 1799 at Keelby Lincolnshire are incorrect (I have believed them to be correct for ten years). They are to be replaced by Jospeph Holmes born 1779 at Wisbeck, Isle of Ely, Cambridgeshire and his wife Mary Newcombe b 1776, not sure of her birthplace yet, but I am sure that this is fianlly the correct couple as the Newcomb name appears repeatedly in future generations and we have never known where it came from.
The problem is that this coupe and many of their ancestors and children are no also incorrect. Emma Jane Holmes, dauuther of Joseph Holmes and Mary Newcomb is my gr gr grandmother and from there on down I have certificates.

Is it possible for you to disassociate the previous couple and their Holmes and Beecham forbears plus all of the Green family that I added on November 10th? There may be more, children etc but I have to have a look at the whole thing because i believe I have the children all combined.

Catherine Louise Burton I can’t correct in this way, I don’t know which profiles you refer to.

Can you try this?

Go to the profile for Joseph Holmes, profile view.

There is a discussion tab. Start a discussion from the profile requesting a curator please disconnect from parents.

One of us will see that discussion hopefully and do the disconnect for you.

Then you can enter new profiles for the correct parents.

Would it be easier for me to start a new tree, calling it something different like Cathy Burton2?

No. It’s a simple disconnect, you just need to point to the correct profile. Do you see the discussion tab from profile view of Joseph Holmes?

I used Ancestor Report from Cathy's profile to find the Joseph Holmes who is Cathy's gr gr gr grandfather - he is Joseph Holmes

Thank you Private User great suggestion and much appreciated

Catherine Louise Burton done, and please use the discussion https://www.geni.com/discussions/172007 in future, it is a monitored discussion

Thank you so much. Apologies for using the wrong link but I actually couldn’t find the right one. I will keep that link for future reference.
I did find two second cousins as a result of all this activity.

Catherine Louise Burton correcting trees makes them better !

Showing 391-420 of 426 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion