ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן on Sunday, September 5, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 8851-8880 of 8939 posts

Patricia - May want to repeat observations in this Discussion: http://www.geni.com/discussions/141587 (New Feature: Multilingual Profiles)

Mike Stangel is the one that made that change pat.. and i am slightly enclined to agree with you.. My eye sight is ok but some day i may be in that boat..

On many browsers you can use control + and Control - to zoom in or zoom out. That may help some (using the + and - on the numeric keypad when available may be easiest).

... and Ctrl-0 (Control key & zero key, together) resets to the "default" size.

ok thanks learned somthing new.

It has been a couple days since the changes have been made and my data conflict resolutions do not go away, or am I the only one experiencing this problem.

that's been discussed else where i would hold off on those for now..
I think they are aware of it.

Thanks

Private

The unmerge was done, please check that parents are now correct.

Private User

The difficulty resolving data conflicts is resolved.

Dear Curators,
About a week ago, or so, I noticed that the match system had changed. I was getting a LOT more stuff in my box that was in the 99+ category. For most of them, when I clicked on them, the match page that came up said no matches found and the 99+ went away. A few had a large number of matches, and almost all were no good, and I got rid of them in batches of 20, as allowed.

Today, I have quite a few more, and when I try to get rid of them I'm informed that the servers are overloaded.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Jessie

Yes, this problem has been driving me crazy for the past week or so.

Jessica Marie German

I experienced the same. Hope they fix it soon, it drives me crazy too.

I suspect it's a bug related to the new multilingual feature - it started just about when they rolled it out.

I was away for three days in Bruxelles because I was a member of a German delkegation of five in Bruxelles.
Tonight I came back to discover that somebody deleted me from Geni.
I had to have a new password and be sure I know my password and it was a good one and I want it back.

I didn't came into Geni until I changed my password. Can anyone tell me why? It also seems that somebody deleted me as the manager from mjy own family profiles since a couple of weeks.

Any idea why?

Hi Angus,

the Samuel Kaufmann profile is reality again and for me it looks good.

Managers: Dick and me like it was before.

And rvk

I was looking at the revisions (I always do when I discover something like this) It is not written who did this ,

@meissner your profile still says that you have been active since 2010, so it seems that you did not get a new profile.

The Samuel Kaufmann profile might have been invisible to you while you were logged out because you made it private on July 22. He was born in 1840 - what is the reason why you wanted to prevent other Geni users from seeing this profile?

When you are logged in, you can see it because you're a manager.

Hi Harald,

thank you for answering so quick. I think I have to explain something.
I don't want a new profile. I just came home after a trip and couldn't open my Geni account. I was told that my password was wrong but I know my password and it was not wrong. There was no other possibility than taking a new password and I really wondered about that case.

About the new privacy rules:before 1 rst of July I asked what will happen after
1 rst of July and I was told that the privacy rules were concerning the living people and not the dead people. That was ok for me. But 1 rst of July came and nearly every profile was private even the dead.

I told this problem one of my collaborators and he asked Geni how they are going to solve this. He was told that the dead private's will get corrected but it takes time. So I decided to wait because I did nothing to make some profiles private except a few because I didn't want that it could be changed by everybody and there were a few a familiy member wanted me to make them private.

I spend a lot of time on Geni's and enjoy it as most of us do but I am furious when I have to correct datas I've put in correctly. It robbes my time.
I always be cooperative and answer as soon as I can and when people ask me I'll try to make the certain profile public but most of the time it didn't work and I don't know why and be sure I am the manager of those profiles
I try to correct.

Regards
Ingrid

Ingrid Meissner thanks for your explanation!

I have no explanation for what happened with your password. It seems to have been straightened out now, since you're logged in with your old profile, and you should be able to set your password to whatever you want it to be.

All the planned automatic changes to privacy are done now, so the only way privacy changes is when someone sets it explicitly.
Good luck with setting the privacy where it should be!

Jessica Marie German

It looks like the "too many matches" issue has been resolved.

It was pretty whacky there for a few:(. But all fixed now.

Thanks Erica! It does look better ;)
Jessie

rvk: I don't see any problem; they show as connected father/daughter to me, all public profiles. Perhaps a short-term 'caching' issue? (Either on Geni's servers or on your Flash cache locally?).

http://www.geni.com/discussions/141775?msg=974024

i think we should disconect

Gervais Roger

from
Margaret Roger
William Roger
(link in discution)
i dont find acuracy of proof that gervais is the son)

My ancestor David Myers David Myers needs to have his currently listed parents removed, as they are not the correct parents. When I try to remove them I am blocked with an error message. Can you sever this erroneous relationship for me, or direct me to instructions so I can manage it? Thanks.

Private User
Done

I believe that I am going to need some curator help in getting the parents and grandparents straight for Tabitha Perkins

I think there was a bad merge or adjustment because Tabitha's parents SHOULD BE Capt Nathaniel & Sarah (Sands) Niles (1542-1727 & 1645-1726 respectively)

Capt Nathaniel Niles I's parents are John Niles (abt 1603-1692/3) & Jane Reade Niles (1610-1654)

This morning I had a message from a user in South Africa -

< I am experiencing problems on my laptop. I cannot edit nor add to any profile in my tree. If I log off and log in again the program just hang and does not load. From my mobile I am able to do what I like. Can you perhaps shed some light?>

I suggested he clear his cache which he has done and now ...

<I have cleaned the cache and the problem still persists, I can not do anything on the tree. If I log in the "Loading Stories" And Loading Events" just keep on searching and nothing is happening..>

Anyone have any suggestions?

Kirby Todd Myers ... David Myers is now without parents. I didn't look until afterwards: Since you added all the profiles, you should have been able to break that relationship. In the 'Edit' panel, "Relationships" tab, you should be able to 'check' the relationship you want to eliminate, then click the "Remove" button. When you 'check' the relationship you may get the red warning box about breaking the Tree, but if that is indeed what you want to do -- and *can* do so -- then you should still be able to click the 'Remove' button. (If not, this is the place to ask!)

Patricia Ann Scoggin -- could you post the link to Tabitha's proper father (and mother, if he has more than one spouse)? Since it doesn't appear that Capt. Nathaniel is directly connected to Tabitha's current "family", it would be best to have the links to make sure she is moved to the correct location.

... this Capt. Nathaniel Niles ? for father of Tabitha Perkins ?

June, I'd log a request to CS for him.

Showing 8851-8880 of 8939 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion