Sci Fi

Started by Kenneth Kwame Welsh, (C) on Thursday, May 26, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 28 posts
5/26/2011 at 1:24 PM

I want to start a Sci Fi specific project. Starting with Leonardo Da Vinci and Jules Vernes.

5/26/2011 at 1:46 PM

Super idea Kwame! Don't forget these two.

Isaac Asimov, the grandfather of Science Fiction,
1.Isaac Asimov,
and Carl Sagan
2. Carl Sagan

5/26/2011 at 2:07 PM

I can't beleive there isn't a profle for Jules Verne!

5/26/2011 at 2:08 PM

Here are a couple more sci fi authors, I will send you more . . .

George Orwell - George Orwell

C.S. Lewis - C. S. Lewis

J.R.R. Tolkien - J. R. R. Tolkien

Kurt Vonnegut - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Private User
5/26/2011 at 3:28 PM
5/26/2011 at 4:13 PM
5/26/2011 at 4:19 PM

We can create a profile for someone as prominent as Arthur Clarke. I see Wikipedia calls him one of the "big three" Sci Fi writers.

"Arthur C. Clarke was a British science fiction author, inventor, and futurist, famous for his short stories and novels, among them 2001: A Space Odyssey, and as a host and commentator in the British television series Mysterious World.

For many years, Robert A. Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, and Arthur C. Clarke were known as the "Big Three" of science fiction."

5/26/2011 at 4:30 PM

No Robert Anson Heinlein , one of the big three, on Geni either

5/26/2011 at 11:51 PM

Eldon, are you saying Robert Heinlen wasn't that important?

5/27/2011 at 1:14 AM

Wow, Kenneth - that's a great idea - Get hold of Hatte - she has Phillip K Dick connections.

One of my Honours dissertations was on wherher there could be said to be a correlation between Sci-Fi/ Fantasy & the masculine/ feminine archetypes - so I'd love to be added to the project.

Eldon is saying that there is no Heinlein on the tree yet.

Private User
5/27/2011 at 1:27 AM

The main problem with this project is like others that they might include a lot of people that by default falls in under someones privacy range and cannot be added to a project unless the manager agrees on making the profile public.

Amanda, - thanks for releasing Jules Verne

5/27/2011 at 6:18 AM

Kenneth, That's what happens when I get in a hurry :-( I meant that he wasn't on the tree. I read most of his novels as I was growing up.

5/27/2011 at 8:08 AM

Ok, Eldon, I get it. lol

Private User
5/27/2011 at 1:15 PM
5/28/2011 at 4:37 PM

I do not knoe if you are a relative but your message popped up. I have always loved Sci Fiction. Josh McLaglen was assistant Director on a couple of "Alien" films and he is good with crown control ...also "Avata". From Cynthia Allen McLaglen

5/29/2011 at 7:29 AM

How have you got mixed up in the Sehmi Family Tree?
This site is exclusively a Sehmi Family Tree and all in it come from Punjab, India and are Indians either born there or in Kenya and England.
Suggest you start a separate tree in your own names.
NIndi Sehmi (nsehmi@shaw.ca)

Private User
5/29/2011 at 8:01 AM

Narindra Singh (Nindi) Sehmi, - first of all: YOU are interfering a PUBLIC project discussion in this project http://www.geni.com/projects/Sci-Fi-Science-fiction. If this was not your intention you can delete your message and click Unfollow on both this discussion and the Project.

How you ended up here is a mystery...

Secondly, - Geni is a place for building a world family tree, so there is no room for separate trees.

Private User
5/29/2011 at 8:05 AM

Sorry, I pointed to the wrong project: This discussion topic is a project discussion of: http://www.geni.com/projects/The-Hollywood-Walk-of-Fame

Anyhow, it is a public project but I would like to know how you concluded that it was mixed up in the Sehmi Family Tree.

5/30/2011 at 3:27 PM

Anchit Gupta

I guess we found why Narindra thinks we're in his tree

5/30/2011 at 3:55 PM

finally! good roller coaster

6/1/2011 at 12:11 AM

hi but wat is sci fi......

6/1/2011 at 2:39 AM

vikhyat sharma

"Sci-fi" is an abbreviation for the term "science fiction."

There's a very nice definition of "science fiction" on the project "overview" here:

http://www.geni.com/projects/Sci-Fi-Science-fiction

6/3/2011 at 12:17 PM

I replied to Narindra Sigh that we are all related whether we like or not! This is what faction tells us with the revellations of the Genome Project. As for Science Fiction in literature or theatre; film; or any other Art form, it is real science and scientific theory mixed in with fictional stories for the entertainment of human beings on earth. I love "Contact" the film which I saw again last night for the third time; the 1950 film "War of the Worlds" and the later version as well. The first version is so typical of it's time and also ties in with "Superman" which I first read as a child in the early 1950 in Kenya East Africa.

Private User
6/6/2011 at 9:04 AM

I'm not sure how I'm in this loop of conversations, but, Cynthia McLaglen, is right, WE ALL ARE RELATED! Of course I believe in reincarnation, so yes, we all are intwined.

6/7/2011 at 3:01 AM

I have no interest at all in this discussion.Kindly discontinue!!!!.

Zvi Avidror

6/7/2011 at 9:00 AM

Zvi, you have to click on the unfollow link at the top of the page

6/25/2015 at 4:57 PM

interesting - George Orwell 16th cousin - 2 x removed

6/25/2015 at 4:57 PM

interesting - George Orwell 16th cousin - 2 x removed

Showing all 28 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion