Started by Pam Wilson (on hiatus) on Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 181-210 of 426 posts

Welcome to the family Fred.

Fred,
Already said an informal hello on one of the Dutch discussions but again, welcome to the team. And welcome to the family!

Fred Bergman (Bergsmit) is 16th cousin thrice removed. We share Dalton-Molyneux connections.

Glad to have you, Fred!!

@Erica Howton

Hi Erica, before I could start a New Amsterdam project, George Homs, a very serious genealogic researcher, came with the idea, the facts, the links and the propasal voor the new Amsterdam (old New Yoek) project. We decided this to start and he did allready: http://www.geni.com/projects/New-Amsterdam

With him as engine it shall be a success !

I'm very excited to read about new Amsterdam. Thanks to George :)

Thanks for the pointer Fred! I started a new discussion making myself available for archive visits:

http://www.geni.com/discussions/95835

Welcome aboard Fred. :)

Private User is my 12th cousin. That makes you my closest "Curator Cousin!"

Welcome Ashley..

Welcome Ashley.

Welcome to the team Ashley!

Welcome aboard Ashley

Yay Ashley's here!

Yay, Ashley!

Thanks, everyone!

I am looking forward to working more with users on genealogy of the northeastern Caribbean (particularly the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Haiti, and Cuba) and non-Bostonian New England (emphasis on Connecticut, Vermont, Western Massachusetts, and New Hampshire). Please feel free to contact me if you'd ever like some extra help in those areas.

Hello all - and thanks for the separate welcomes I got over the past few hours!
A few words about myself... I have a Dutch father and a Belgian mother. I grew up in Brussels, where I studied Political Science. I lived a year in Heidelberg (D), and lived for about 12 years in France (in two consecutive periods - Paris and Nice). My wife of nearly 25 years is Portuguese, who was born in Caracas and spent her childhood in Tunis and New York.
All this just to say that the world has no boundaries for me, and I love to work on new challenges.
Professionally, I'm an independent consultant to large IT organizations.
Despite a very international orientation, I'm very keen on working our trees in Holland and Belgium. Simply because that's where my roots are. Before starting with Geni, I knew of only some 20 Homs relatives, since then, I've discovered 150 living relatives - and none of them had a clue that there was this big connection. That's a great experience!
I think Fred has done tremendous work on pulling together the Dutch/Flemish user community - and I think the foundations are there for a lot of interesting activity.
Victar has asked me to help out on France. I'm not French, but I think I won't rest until we can make that a vibrant Geni place too - if only because the French are the best placed to work the sources for so many historical profiles.
Finally, I'm also keen on building the bridges across the Atlantic. Many ancestral lines start/stop with the emigration/immigration. It's only through collaboration that we can fill the holes and bridge the gaps. As many have seen, we've initiated a New Amsterdam project, and I see a lot of enthousiasm building around that.
Thanks again for taking me in - I hope I won't be boring :-)

sjors, veel succes en je kunt op me rekenen, als is het maar voor het dagelijkse kopje koffie met suikerwafeltje... maar je Bossche Bol van vandaag staat nog onaangeroerd, heb je het zo druk gekregen in je nieuwe baan? kus, jMu.

Hey George, my nearly constant companion for the last few weeks, no shout out to me? ;-) Welcome!

George, Welcome Aboard!

Your international experience will be invaluable here on Geni. I add my voice to Victar's for help in French profiles.

George, we have been working together. Welcome to the Team!

Congrats George!!!

Welcome George, what a fascinating introduction!

Welcome aboard George

welcome

Welcome, George! This is good news, indeed. For all of us.

George good to have you on the team!

Welcome, George! I took an intensive six-week Dutch course and I'm afraid all I learned was that I have no talent for the language, but maybe you'll inspire me to learn a bit more. :)

George I'm delighted to be working with you more closely. Welcome aboard.

Welcome, George!

Welcome George

Showing 181-210 of 426 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion