People Connected to Bedfordshire
Historic County of England
How to use this Page
- Please link any GENI Profiles with links to Bedfordshire to this project.
- You can ALSO add the earliest heads of families to the list of Bedfordshire Families on Geni below (don't forget to link their profiles to the project as well). These would usually be male! Please restrict people added to the list to the earliest head of family!
Note People with links to Bedfordshire can be linked to the project but not necessarily added to the list below.
People connected to Bedfordshire can also be linked to the following projects.
Historical and Political people
- accommodated by the project Historical Bedfordshire which covers the History of Bedfordshire and historical/political people. Some of these are also listed in the Famous people category.
Famous or Notable People
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown! Please visit Bedfordshire - Famous People and add them to the listing there.
People from Bedfordshire who went to the "New world" and were early progenitors in those countries. Where the earliest ancestor is known please add them to the list of "Bedfordshire families on Geni" below if that was their roots, or to the appropriate county project.
Where the earliest known ancestor is the emigrant add them to the list below. In some cases if there is a project that covers them in detail please link the project.
Free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
Heads of Bedfordshire Families on Geni
Names with Bold links are to Geni profiles. Other links take you to external biographical web pages.
- The Radcliffes of Elstow
- St. John of Bietsoe - was the leading county family 1558-1603
Emigrants from Bedfordshire
Please add the names of people from Bedfordshire who settled in the "New World"
- Rev. Peter Bulkeley (1582 Odell - 1659 Massachusetts)
Other Pages for People Connected to English Counties
People Connected to Middlesex inc. London
this project is in History Link