issues adding profiles

Started by Robin Lent on Monday, February 27, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published in the United States between 1925 and 1977, inclusive, without a copyright notice. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Al_Jolson_-_publicity.JPG#mw-jump-to-license
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 31-60 of 122 posts

Carl Djerassi worked with George Rosenkranz, a famous bridge player

Robin Lent, added Film directors and producers but again, it's somewhat problematic since many directors these days are also actors and vice versa.

Robin Lent,

Samuel Goldwyn has already been added to the project.

Can you locate the Warner Brothers (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warner_Bros for more info) here on Geni?

Unknown Profile

Jerry Stiller

Anne Stiller

I looked on the profile under related projects..did not see Notable American Jews

Robin,

I may have forgotten to add the project to his profile, but I have now done that.

James Paul Warburg

Louis Kahn
important architect profile not public

Irwin Salmon Chanin
architect

Sid Luckman
quarter-back

Private User

I think I have added all but one who was clearly Canadian (and Kevin added him to Notable Canadian Jews) and Louis I. Kahn.

I have not been also adding them to the lists, for which I apologize. I am juggling a lot of other things on Geni and outside of Geni.

This is an excellent project and has a lot of potential to draw people of all ages to learn something and to enjoy their time on Geni. Kudos to you all.

I have a huge list to add to the Notable Canadian Jews.

Rudolph Arthur Marcus has been added to the project as he has American Citizenship.

was Sammy Davis, Jr.
Jewish?

My recollection was that Sammy Davis Jr. was a convert to Judaism, you could easily find out online. If so, we should add him.

From wikipedia.org, he was Jewish. So add him in.

I will be adding in at some point, David Frum. He was George W. Bush's speach writer and is a Canadian American Jew.

Al Jolson

Edward G. Robinson
profile not public

John Houseman
profile not public

Mel Blanc

Morey Amsterdam
profile not public

Stella Adler

Zero Mostel
profile not public

Danny Kaye

Eva Gabor

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Lyon Hyman Green

Red Buttons
profile not public

Martin Henry Balsam

Walter Matthau
profile needs work

Judy Holliday

Buddy Hackett
profile not public

Eddie Fisher

Tom Bosley

Bea Arthur
profile not public

Ed Asner

Joan Alexandra Rosenberg
Joan Rivers

Michael Landon

River Phoenix
profile not public

Jill St. John
profile not public

Dyan Cannon

Okay, added all the public ones. I have not addressed Walter Matthau's profile needing work.

Could someone please tell me the title of the project ?

Also, as an aside, where do we add a Jewish Olympic bridge player ?
I

Pam Karp,

Notable American Jews.

Post the person in question.

Also if you find a Canadian-American or someone that had Canadian citizenship and gave it up to become an American citizen, post it here with the profile. This way, I can add it to my project Notable Canadian Jews.

Kevin, thank you for your response.

Previous post deleted as it was erroneously sent midstream.

My person does not qualify for either specifically American or Canadian projects.

She was a Jewish ex South African so will be placed an appropriate project of that country.

Good luck with your project, if I come across any Notable Canadians, will let you know.

Thanks Robin!

Robin

Nirman Mailer (now deceased) was a first cousin of my husband Barry Karp. Normans father and Barry's mother were sisters.

I can't add Ruth Handler unless her manager collaborates with me or her manager can join the project and add the profile herself. I have written her to that effect.

Okay, I'm adding them but I came to Elvis Aaron Presley and I cannot believe that he was Jewish. Who was his Jewish parent and where is it discussed???

I added Harold Brodkey, my first cousin once removed.

Wow would my mother be jealous Pam Karp. She loves Norman Mailer.

And I've added all of Robin's latest bunch except three -- the private one, Ruth Handler, and Elvis.

Showing 31-60 of 122 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion