People Connected to Berkshire
Historic County of England
- The four visitations of Berkshire made and taken by Thomas Benolte, Clarnceuc, anno 1532; by William Harvey, Clarnceux, anno 1566; by Henry Chiting, Chester herald, and John Philipott, Rouge dragon, for William Camden, Clarenceux, anno 1623; and by Elias Ashmole, Windsor herald, for Sir Edward Bysshe, Clarenceux, anno 1665-66
- The four visitations of Berkshire made and taken by Thomas Benolte, Clarenceux anno 1532
How to use this Page
- Please link any GENI Profiles with links to Berkshire to this project.
- You can ALSO add the earliest heads of families to the list of Berkshire Families on Geni below (don't forget to link their profiles to the project as well). These would usually be male! Please restrict people added to the list to the earliest head of family!
Note People with links to Berkshire can be linked to the project but not necessarily added to the list below.
People connected to Berkshire can also be linked to the following projects.
Historical and Political people
These; are accommodated by the project Historic Berkshire which covers the History of Berkshire and historical/political people. Some of these are also listed in the Famous people category.
Famous or Notable People
Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown. Those people of note with connections to the county are to be listed in. Berkshire - Famous People
People from Berkshire who went to the "New world" and were early progenitors in those countries. Where the earliest ancestor is known please add them to the list of "Berkshire families on Geni" below if that was their roots, or to the appropriate county project.
Where the earliest known ancestor is the emigrant add them to the list below. In some cases if there is a project that covers them in detail please link the project.
Feel free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
Heads of Berkshire Families on Geni
Names with Bold links are to Geni profiles. Other links take you to external biographical web pages.
- Elijah Saunders (c.1749-1829)
Emigrants from Berkshire
Please add the names of people from Berkshire who settled in the "New World"
- Bartholomew Owen (1619 Steventon - 1677 Virginia)
- Joseph Phipps Sr. (1640 Reading - 1716 Pennsylvania)
- Henry Shinglton (1850 Newbury - 1882 Utah)
Other Pages for People Connected to English Counties
People Connected to Middlesex inc. London
this project is in History Link