Brickey River and ends at the ruins of Knockmaun Castle. This Castle was owned by Sir Richard Osbourne in the 15th Century. It was totally destroyed by Cromwell in 1650 before he entered Dungarvan. The River derives its name from the O'Brics who were chieftains to the Deise, the Deise being a tribe who made settlements here around 300BC. ... The second section ascends from the Brickey valley at a 100ft/30m to Kilnafarna hill at 868ft/264m.
Ancient Munster name spelled variouslu including: Bricke, Bricks,O'Bric, Brick, O'Brick,O'Bruik, and Bruic. Edward Bricke 1623 Virginia, Francis Brick 1638 Virginia,