for curators: my profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, October 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1201-1230 of 1795 posts

Anything that suggests "join Geni" is a good thing to me. I think the help platform is for members only.

Got it that time. :-)

John McIntosh, Propagator of the "McIntosh Red" Apple

Please consider this profile for an MP
This profile has Agricultural and Historical significance and of course needs to be added on to as we discover more facts.

Private User John McIntosh, Propagator of the "McIntosh Red" Apple is done

Thank you Eldon!

I would like to offer this profile for consideration:
William Drury-Lowe

Private User - done, nice work. Thank you.

a submission for MP status
Yule "Farenorth" Kilcher
this profile is historical and I would appreciate any tweeking to the about section.

Private User,

Done.

Thank you Kevin

Christopher, I enjoyed reading the overview. Very good use of uploaded documents, by the way.

Comments - why is he a folk hero? (perfect project) is it the reality TV show - or was he legendary long before?

In the Wiki formatting, watch out for two little inconveniences. The backwards apostrophe changes the text to machine font instead of the easier to read default helvetica. So the key you want to use is the forward apostrophe to avoid that (unless you want the emphasis deliberately). And you need to start each line break exactly flush left. If there's a space between the margin and the text you may not see it, but the formatting will again be interpreted as machine font.

This profile is interesting to me, Robert Beauchamp-Proctor is the son of Sir William Proctor-Beauchamp.

He moved to Australia and does not seem to be mentioned in Burke's Peerage, the changes in names and location in this family may have severed some historical facts.

Robert Proctor-Beauchamp

I cried for this, he received the Victoria cross, a South African hero.
Andrew Frederick Weatherby Beauchamp Proctor

Got 'em both Sharyn. BTW: Does he have a duplicated great-aunt? (see http://www.geni.com/search/matches?src=flash-tree&id=6000000014... )

I do not think they are duplicate Aunts.
Please consider this profile to be MP:
Janet Colville

Please consider this profile for MP:
Katherine (Devereux) Baskerville

Thank You very much Dan and Erica :)

Private User,

Both of them are now MP'd.

Thank You Kevin Lawrence Hanit I have more to add, some of family by another who has asked me to add them. Is this the normal way to ask?

Private User,

You can either post them here or send me a message and I will do it for you.

Kevin

Private User ... and all:

It's a really good thing if you can get the info on a whole family so they can all be MP'd, particularly getting all the known children identified (and MP'd). That way, if there are future merges with one of the profiles (particularly one of the parents) it tends to be real obvious what to do with any profiles 'pulled in' as result (i.e.: either merge them or disconnect or find). Even if you just have the 'basics' but have more detailing to do on some of the children, getting them all identified and MP'd at (nearly) the same time is a *really nice* thing to do. It also helps prevent a 'family' from having some profiles which are public and some of which are private (when they are all deceased, of course).

This line joined Stirling to Oliphant, I have only put in the line, because there is a conflict of fact with another profile, stated bellow, once joined, will be good ad the children, all on the profiles, can be added.

It was not on Geni, so, is new addition I made about a month ago, been waiting for replies on the conflict, or query.

Laurence Oliphant, 8th of Condie
Ebenezer Oliphant of Condie and Newton
Margaret Gillies Barrett
Marrianne Oliphant
Eliza Oliphant
Gen. Sir Laurence James Oliphant, 9th of Condie, KCB KCVO
Margaret Graeme
Laurence Oliphant, 6th of Condie
Grizell (Margaret) Oliphant
Laurence Oliphant, 5th of Condie
Lilias Oliphant
Laurence Oliphant, 4th of Condie
Lilias Oliphant
Laurence Oliphant, 3rd of Condie
Helen Oliphant
Laurence Oliphant, 2nd of Condie
Mariota Oliphant
Helen Oliphant
Laurence Oliphant, 1st of Condie
Mariota Oliphant
Alexander Oliphant
Margaret Oliphant

Here below is the problem, he is son of Collin, but another profile is also, and I have contacted several people about it.

My profile:
Unknown Profile

Other profile, different wife:

William Oliphant, 1st of Newton

Sharyn

Typo, all children and dates are listed on the profiles.

This is his mothers profile:
Elizabeth Keith

This is his fathers profile:
Colin Oliphant, Master of Oliphant

As per The peerage, Burkes.

Please consider this profile of a now famous young lady, for an MP
Malala Yousafzai, ملالہ یوسف زئی, Nobel Peace Prize, 2014

Private User, Done.

Thank you Kevin

I would not MP empty profiles, - i.e. profiles without sources or any info in the About Me.

Showing 1201-1230 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion