Mathematicians are people with an extensive knowledge of mathematics who use this knowledge in their work, typically to solve mathematical problems. Mathematics is concerned with numbers, data, collection, quantity, structure, space, and change.
List of notable mathematicians
For a complete list, please see: Mathematicians Project Profiles.
- Rob Lyons
- Sir Isaac Newton
- Johann Bernoulli
- Jacob Bernoulli
- Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī
- Johann Carl Friedrich Gauss
- Archimedes of Syracuse
- Leonhard Paul Euler
- Georg Friedrich Bernhard Riemann
- Euclid of Alexandria
- Jules Henri Poincaré
- Srinivasa Ramanujan
- Alexander Grothendieck
- David Hilbert
- Joseph-Louis Lagrange
- Georg Cantor
- Évariste Galois
- Pierre de Fermat
Internal links ~ Mathematicians in the Geni-platform
- Muslim Philosophers, Mathematicians & Scientists
- Nederlandse wiskundigen \\ Dutch mathematicians
- Deutsche Entdecker, Erfinder und Wissenschaftler
- Deutsche Mathematiker \\ German mathematicians
- Unlinked mathematicians
- Prominent Scientists: (i) Exact Sciences & Natural Sciences
- Notable Indian scientists - not certain what kind of scientists are listed here.
- .... aanvulling welkom!