Henry IV of England is your 24th great grandfather.

Started by Private User on Friday, August 16, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-90 of 328 posts

George J. Homs here's a reference to Mary Brewster, (nee Wentworth?) with a scan of the original Dutch document:

http://www.pilgrimarchives.nl/en/pilgrims-in-documents/search/layou...

Hello Ms. Judy: Just wanted to thank you for people you have been following....by checking on them to see If I connect I found the Mercer Connection to the Grey's and the Tacinda Tudor line....Many Kind regards, and Im just following your and other great leads from the fine group of consults here at GENI!!! Gooooooo GENI! DCR 1948

Erica Howton, in my earlier family-sleuthing days, I had seen documentation of Francis Cooke's descendancy from the Cooke family of Lavenham and Giddey Hall in the English ceremonial county of Essex. After taking a quick peak at http://www.stirnet.com/genie/data/british/cc4aq/cooke02.php and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Cooke_(Mayflower_passenger) , though, I am erasing that notion from my mind.

A link to be considered for addition to Francis Cooke's profile is http://www.franciscookesociety.org/.

as far as color coding...Geni on FB told me this: "Each time the path changes color, that means the relationship is through a marriage. All the subsequent relatives in that same color are related by blood. If the color changes again, then you know the connection is by another marriage.
The colors themselves don't have a specific meaning. They are there to show you the different blood relationships in the path."

That makes perfect sense Kristin: Thankyou : - ) DCR

So if its all one color, this is a good thing? According to DNA standards?

Edward I is my 26th great grandfather. His father Henry is my 27th great grandfather. Through them I too am descended from John and Isabella of the Plantagenets and Eleanor of Aquitaine.

Here is my line:

1. Me
2. James Aldrich
3. Francis Aldrich
4. William Aldrich
5. Clara (Irons) Aldrich
6. Edwin Ridell Irons
7. Uranah Howland Smith Irons
8. Uranah Howland (Smith)
9. James Howland & Renew (Eddy)
10. Thomas Howland & Mary (Kimball)
11. Joseph Kimball & Mary (Graves)
12. Joseph Kimball & Sarah (Warner)
13. John Kimball & Mary (Bradstreet)
14. Richard Kimball & Ursula (Scott)
15. Sir Henry Scott & Martha Whatlock
16. Sir Reginald Scott & Emeline Kempe
17. Anne De Pympe & Sir John Scott
18. Reginald De Pympe & Elizabeth Pashley
19. John Pashley & Louise Gower
20. Sir John Pashley & Elizabeth de Wydeville
21. Robert Pashley & Phillppa Sargeaux
22. Sir Richard Sargeaux & Phillippa FitzAlan
23. Richard FitzAlan & Isabel Le Despencer
24. Hugh Le Despencer & Eleanor De Clare
25. Gilbert De Clare & Joan Plantagenet
26. Edward I and Eleanor of Castile
27. Henry III & Eleanor Berenger

Ian: Ibelieve what they described is a continueous blood relatedness in one color....the change in color simply means a new Marriage and therefore DNA is added to the origional set....DCR

One step further than Dale's understanding. There is no DNA test result integration in the Geni tree (hopefully one day). So the same color is based on the relationships of parent to child as reflected in the tree. If the link is through a sibling pair the color changes as well.

John Albert Rigali I updated Francis Cooke's profile as suggested, thank you.

Keep any "unlikely" tree links coming, this is how we improve tree accuracy.

Erica Howton, thanks.

Kathryn Aldrich, the Henry Scott/Skott that married Martha Whatlock/Whotlock is not the same person as Henry, son of Sir Reginald by Emelyne/Emeline Kempe. The Henry Scott/Skott that married Martha Whatlock/Whotlock is a son of Edward/Edmund Scott by Joan _. That Scott family, from what I have seen so far, had an ignominious beginning in the English ceremonial county of Suffolk, whereas the Scot/Scott family to which Sir Reginald belongs is a cadet branch of the Bailleul/Balliol/Baliol family (descended from Henry de Balliol, of Cavers, Chamberlain of Scotland); it was seated first at Brabourne, then at Scot's Hall - both in the English ceremonial county of Kent. It is possible that the Suffolk family is a cadet branch of the Kent family (since Kent and Suffolk are neighboring ceremonial counties), but I had expected to find such a connection by now and have not done so.

Thanks, everyone. This is pretty cool.

By the way, Erica Howton, John Scott of Brabourne has wrong parents. Can you do the following in order to correct that issue and also stitch together various profiles relating to my previous message?

- disconnect John Scott of Brabourne from his current parents

- merge John Scott of Brabourne with Unknown Profile (will attach him to "new" father)

- merge Henry de Balliol, of Cavers, Chamberlain of Scotland with Unknown Profile (will bridge the gap between the Bailleul/Balliol/Baliol family and the Scot/Scott family)

sorry, for the color coding confusion. lol!
I have seen some online documents reconstructing the Presidents of the USA and the HRM Queen Elizabeth II... and they used colors to determine... who was ruling and not and legit or illegit.
The GENI Color coding explination, is absolutely, correct and I overlooked, that that is what Dale could´ve been referring to.

I´d like to add a simple-
Y´all ROCK!
2 that.
Wish you all a wonderful Hump- day!
Renée

I found the link of one such color coding... put together (obviously) by a conspiracy theorist. (lol!)
it´s about the colors... not the content... for me, right now.

http://www.shilohouse.org/w_b_genealogy.htm

Theresa Renée Eléna Tossas-Cox, the color-coding technique at that URL is being used in that chart to denote the commonalities and differences of the coded segments. The segments and the coding appear to have been arbitrarily defined by the author(s) of the chart and/or the web page to serve the purpose of the web page.

Oh, and there's an error in the first two generations of the chart at http://www.shilohouse.org/w_b_genealogy.htm. The fun never ends in the discussions at Geni!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_II_of_Macedon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsinoe_of_Macedonia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagus

John! You went all "content" on me, Man! :-D
But cool, that you spotted this discrepancy. ;-)

@John Rigali Am I right, though, that this line still descends from the Plantagenets?

Most of this was compiled from research I did on the Internet. I have a very basic account on ancestry.com but not one where I can access all the good stuff.

Theresa Renée Eléna Tossas-Cox: Sorry. I'm a geek that way.

Kathryn Aldrich: Not that line...but maybe you have another one that does? Send me a private message if you want me to help you explore that possibility. According to what I've seen, the line that you posted actually looks like this:

1. You
2. James Aldrich
3. Francis Aldrich
4. William Aldrich
5. Clara (Irons) Aldrich
6. Edwin Ridell Irons
7. Uranah Howland Smith Irons
8. Uranah Howland (Smith)
9. James Howland & Renew (Eddy)
10. Thomas Howland & Mary (Kimball)
11. Joseph Kimball & Mary (Graves)
12. Joseph Kimball & Sarah (Warner)
13. John Kimball & Mary (Bradstreet)
14. Richard Kimball & Ursula (Scott)
15. Henry Scott & Martha Whatlock
16. Edward/Edmund Scott & Joan _
17. George Scott
18. George Scott

Kathryn Aldrich, it turns out that at least some of that line is on Geni. I'll re-post the line with relevant Geni links after I collect all of them.

Kathryn Aldrich: I stumbled onto a connection between you and Henry III of England - and it's along the line that you posted!

1. You
2. James Aldrich & _
3. Francis Aldrich & _
4. William Aldrich & _
5. Clara Irons & _ Aldrich
6. Edwin Ridell Irons & Mary Elizabeth Lockwood
7. Uranah Howland Smith & Francis D. Irons
8. Uranah Howland & William Smith
9. James Howland & Renew Eddy
10. Mary Kimball & Thomas H. Howland
11. Joseph Kimball & Mary Graves
12. Joseph Kimball I, of Ipswich & Sarah Kimball
13. John Kimball, Sr. & Mary Kimball
14. Ursula Kimball & Richard Kimball, of Rattlesden & Ipswich
15. Henry Scott, of Rattlesden & Martha Scott
16. Edmund Scott, of Rattlesden & Joan Scott
17. Elizabeth Scott & George Scott, III
18. Beatrice Tyrell, & Thomas Pigot, Jr.
19. Elizabeth Tyrell & Humphrey Tyrell, Esq., of Heron
20. Anne Tyrell & Sir Thomas Tyrell, of Heron
21. Elizabeth de Marney & Sir William de Marney, Sheriff of Essex and Hertford
22. Philippa FitzAlan, heiress of Chipping Norton & Sir Richard Sergeaux, MP
23. Sir Edmund FitzAlan & Lady Sibyl FitzAlan (Montagu)
24. Richard ‘Copped Hat’ Fitzalan, 3rd/8th Earl of Arundel, 8th Earl of Surrey & Isabel le Despencer, Countess of Arundel
25. Hugh Despenser the Younger & Eleanor de Clare, suo jure 6th Lady of Glamorgan
26. Gilbert de Clare, 7th Earl of Gloucester & Joan of Acre
27. Edward I "Longshanks", King of England & Eleanor of Castile, Queen consort of England
28. Henry III, king of England & Eleanor of Provence, Queen Consort of England

I think Reginald de Pympe (18 in Kathryn Aldrich's line) needs to be relieved of his euphemistic spelling. I think it is an "occupational" surname, like Mason or Smith. If the wretched man has developed some shame about his activities, the answer is to give them up rather than hide them under an eccentric spelling.

Woodman Mark Lowes Dickinson, OBE, I've encountered eleven different members of the Pympe family in my genealogical wanderings, all of which are either definitely or presumably related to each other. The aforementioned Reginald may have been a pimp by occupation, but he appears to have inherited that surname. The Pympe family was seated at Nettlestead (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nettlestead,_Kent).

Maybe. But the "de" indicates a territorial surname, and this family seems to use this spelling and the "de" from very early times. For example:

"Et modo veniunt coram domino rege tam predictus lohannes de
Lincoln' qui sequitur pro domino rege quam ... Thomas Pelhcan senior Thomas de Westbery Thomas Pellican iunior homines ville de Woteryngbury Martinus le Clerk et Adam de Pympe hommes ville de Netlestede Gilbertus Bakere Gilbertus Fromiind Willelmus Fromund homines ville de Oppeham" (1340/41)

Doing a quick search, the Domesday Book shows a place called Pimpa in Nettlestead, where this family originated:

"Adam holds of the bishop (of Baieux) one yoke in Pimpa. The arable land is . . . He has there half a carucate, with two servants, and four acres of meadow and half a fishery, untaxed; wood for the pannage of six bogs. In the time of king Edward the Confessor it was worth six shillings, and afterwards five shillings, now ten shillings, yet it pays fifteen shillings. Godric held it of king Edward."

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=62893

John Albert Rigali

Merges completed, great work. Could I trouble you to resolve the data conflicts on

John Scott of Brabourne

There were none created for Henry.

Keep going on this line! I know there's an error in the Scott / Balliol connection that shows in my relationship path.

Erica Howton: Done. I've never seen any dates or places for John's birth and death in authoritative sources, so I omitted them in his statistics, but to play it safe, I did mention all of the relevant data conflicts in his "About". Where is the error in the Scott / Balliol connection? What's in place is supported by Stirnet's "Baliol1" page, which is based on James Renat Scott's "Memorials of the Family of Scott, of Scot's Hall, in the County of Kent" (http://archive.org/details/memorialsoffamil00scot).

The master profile for Sir Alexander de Balliol/Baliol of Cavers (Lord Alexander de Balliol, of Cavers) has him connected to the wrong parents. The duplicate profile of Sir Alexander that I created (Unknown Profile) has him connected to the correct parents. Can someone do the honors?

Erin Ishimoticha

To let you know - do you agree with John's point?

John Albert Rigali I think this might be the error I was seeing.

John,

Sorry about my previous post, i failed to realise there was an MP involved.

Alex

Showing 61-90 of 328 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion