- Meaning - Placename on the river
in Sothern Holland(Netherlands.).
- came from Broekemeerclose to Broek in Waterland in North Holland.
- He married in Netherland to Aaltje Albertsfrom Purmerend in North Holland.
- The couple had 2 sons.
- It is speculated that they might have left from Buiksloot, close to Amsterdam to come the the Cape.
- Arrived at the Cape beween 1665 and 1669.
- In 1671 they had a home in Tafelvallei today called Ornajezicht.
- In 1673 Aaltje was a widow and remarried Gerrit Jansz
Source: Die groot Afrikaanse Familienaamboek.